We have partnered with a large manufactures electronics test and measurement equipment and software company in the Columbia, MD area to provide them with a UX/UI Software Engineer .
The ideal candidate can lead user group sessions to uncover business problems and propose solutions (i.e. flow diagrams, storyboards, mock ups, and interactive prototypes) in a way that leads to an intuitive user experience. The successful candidate will possess strong communication skills and is extremely customer oriented maintaining excellent working relationships inside the customer community. Additionally, qualifications require a solid grasp of communication technologies including TCP/IP, GSM, UMTS, and LTE along with hands-on experience using Linux, virtualization, Perl, Python, C, C++, SQL, and Visual Basic.
- Lead the creation of mobilenetwork UX/UI design and implementation by gathering broad requirements, then applying knowledge and skill to boil those down into key feature needs.
- Collaborate with users, field engineers, and the main R&D team to define and implement intuitive workflows and visuals
- Create storyboards, work flows, process flows, screen designs, mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate and simplify product concepts and design ideas
- Direct design and experience of new features and enhancements
- Participate in all phases of the software development process, in collaboration with the R&D team
- Maintain expertise on current industry trends, techniques, and best practices in UX/UI design
- Bachelor?s Degree is strongly preferred or equivalent professional work experience is required.
- 7 ? 10 years of UX/UI experience with a strong portfolio is required.
- Strong web design experience is required.
- Experience in facilitating user group sessions to discover business problems and solving them with the most intuitive work flow is essential in this role.
- Experience in creating storyboards, work flows, process flows, and interactive prototypes is required.
- Knowledge of mobilenetworking and mobilenetwork protocols would be preferred, as well as basic Unix Admin capability.
- Proven track record of building artful visualizations
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Experience collaborating and partnering with international development teams is preferred.
- Strong communication skills (i.e. verbal, written and interpersonal) are required.
- Ability to obtain at least a TS/SCI US government security clearance
- Only US citizens and GC Holders can apply.
About Relevante, Inc. ? the Recruiting Firm Representing the Client for this Job
Relevante is an accounting & technology direct hire recruiting and contractstaffing firm. We help our Clients identify and recruit the best talent in the market and help our candidates win engaging and enriching jobs. Our Clients are some of the best companies to work for among F1000 and emerging fast growth companies in the region. Relevante has been consistently ranked as a fast growth company and one of the largest recruiting, accounting, and management consulting firms in the Philadelphia region. To stay connected with our network, please join one of our groups on LinkedIn