We are currently seeking a Design UI/UX for our Mississauga, Ontario office to develop new products in the Petroleum division.
Are you analytical? Are you good at translating between a business user and a technical team? Do you know how to determine the best user experience?
The UX/UI Designer will lead the usability and design during the development lifecycle for multiple projects and programs. You will work alongside product management, development, and business partners to drive a user-centered design approach. This role embodies a passionate, creative, yet pragmatic design doer & leader that can empathize with customer needs and behaviors, find opportunities, and successfully transform requirements into intuitive and elegant solutions.
- Collaborate with BAs, marketing and engineering team to designs and create workflows, screens, etc.
- Produce wireframes and all other design production documentation and assets required for the software production and the execution of your solutions.
- Design and deliver exceptional outcomes that elegantly and intuitively anticipate the needs of our customers while also meeting business objectives
- Work throughout the design life cycle from ideation through development support and into testing
- Convey design ideas in tangible forms like sketches, wires, prototypes, and annotated asset libraries
- Work closely with the business and technical teams to ensure our suite of products remains consistent where they need to be and differentiated as their respect platforms dictate.
- Serve as User Experience evangelist across the organization
- Maintain a strong focus on developing designs that elegantly blends platform conventions and user experience principals with our features and functions.
- Help translate business requirements and interaction design principals into user experiences that are engaging, intuitive and map to personas, objectives and the unique value propositions that drive the experiment.
Desired Skills and Experience
- You are creative with grate analytical skills
- You have a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Industrial Design or related field
- Minimum of 5 years participating in the complete software lifecycle process for software applications
- Minimum of 6 years of experience designing for web applications
- Passion for great design, purposeful aesthetic sense, an eye for detail and a demonstrated understanding of typography, color, layout
- Deep appreciation and talent for simple solutions to complex problems
- Strong understanding of user experience and interaction principals within the constraints of mobile devices, as well as across desktop environments
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in order to meet breakthroughs and deadlines
- Aptitude for communicating design ideas persuasively and concisely both "up" and "across" an organization
- Experience working cross-team and synthesizing feedback and input from product management, engineering, and marketing
- Experienced in tools of the trade, e.g. Adobe Illustrator, Azure, Balsamiq, Zeplin, Sketch, etc.
- you should have working knowledge of the ideation and creation of UI design deliverables: Sitemaps, user flows, wireframes, lo-fi and hi-fi layouts, prototypes.
- Experience creating rapid prototypes.
- Portfolio demonstrating proven capabilities of UX and UI design process required
- Experience designing web-based applications
- Proficiency in multiple UX-related software applications
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment across the R&D organization, product managers and senior management.