Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart, always striving for our products to enable anyone to tell their story to the world beautifully. Squarespace is looking for a hands-on, strategic-minded research leader to help us take our research program to the next level.
At Squarespace, we make beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. You'll study our user base of approximately two million entrepreneurs, artists, and creative professionals, who inspire us every day. You will create the research strategy while building a research team and working closely with interdisciplinary team members across the company, who will be hungry both for your research insights, and for your leadership in establishing and implementing a strategic vision for how user research will make Squarespace better. You'll also be a capable researcher, with diverse and deep methods experience, blending qualitative and quantitative methods to tell a complete picture of our customer base.
This role reports to the Director, Product Design in New York.
- Hire and lead a team of researchers to identify and explore new opportunities, help design and implement new products and help Squarespace keep customers at the center
- Establish the UX research vision for our products, partnering with department heads to ensure agreement
- Share tangible findings and prioritized recommendations regularly ensuring outcomes align to business goals
- Build our own research toolkit including interviews, surveys, concept studies, usability testing, ethnographic observations, card sorting, participatory design, etc.
- Build, grow, and nurture partnerships with product managers, designers, data scientists, customer operations, and engineers
- Identify and act upon opportunities to support customer success and business goals through compelling user research
- Get your hands dirty by conducting and creating impact from your hands-on research
- Mentor colleagues across the company in conducting effective customer research, from guerrilla to formalized
- 7+ years experience in user research. 3+ years experience managing research teams
- Experience hiring and developing effective UX research teams
- BA/BS in HCI, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, or other related field.
- Broad and deep understanding of qualitative and quantitative UX research methods, and experience with when and how to apply different methods
- Comfortable presenting to groups, creating compelling stories from data, and building relationships across interdisciplinary partners
- A genuine passion for finely-crafted user experiences that are both elegant and usable
- Establish and evangelize research best practices and processes across the discipline