UX Research Manager Responsibilities
- Build and manage high-performing teams with researchers of different disciplines.
- Independently manage day-to-day activities and complex situations. Identify problems and solutions around escalations.
- Set clear expectations and goals for direct reports and collective team while holding individuals and team accountable for success.
- Build and develop a research toolkit that extends across all levels of complexity.
- Successfully partner with other research teams across the Facebook Inc. organization.
- Build strong relationships with other research teams at Facebook Inc. to ensure a cohesive and cross-functional vision for Research at Facebook Inc.
- Become a trusted, strategic partner to product stakeholders by communicating and demonstrating the value of user research, and by delivering insights that lead to demonstrable business value.
- Partner with the recruiting organization to build diverse teams and inclusive environments.
- Provide clear, actionable feedback and support to develop and grow individuals
- work closely with underperformers to help them meet expectations.
- Determine team composition, placement decisions and hiring strategy.
- Mentor other managers (research or cross functional) at multiple levels.
- Resource Allocation - ensure we are always focusing on the highest priority things, focusing both on the short term needs as well as looking ahead to the next big challenge.
- Bachelor’s degree or significant experience conducting UX research with meaningful business impact
- 10+ years of experience conducting and/or studying research post-Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years experience directly managing, coaching and developing full-time researchers
- Experience directly managing across different research methodologies
- Experience directly conducting primary research (either qualitative or quantitative) end-to-end (i.e., designing, fielding, analyzing and reporting out data)
- Experience building teams over time through hiring, growing, and retaining high-performing researchers
- Track record of translating research into business impact
- Experience working with a variety of cross-functional peers and stakeholders (e.g., product managers, data scientists, designers, engineers, policy, communications, marketing)
- Graduate degree
- Experience with consumer products, consumer insights, or product development
- 2+ years of UX research experience