Guided by ourshared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for eachother lead to superior results. We elevate eachother and obsess about doing the right thing. Ourassociates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to changebankingfor good.UX Research Manager
Capital One has a User Experience Research team and lab (USERLabs) at their McLeanlocation. Our goal is to fully engage our customers in order to radically change how they interact with their money.
We are looking for a User Experience Research Manager to help design, lead and conduct user research for teams across our digital organization.
The User Experience Research Manager will be responsible for creating experiential research design, analysis of research, conducting empathy sessions, and running remote un-moderated studies. You will work to improve the usability, usefulness, and desirability of our tools in collaboration with Designers, Product Managers, Software Developers, and other Stakeholders in the Consumer Bank line of business.
- Focus on simple and cleanexperiences. "Don't make me think" should be your mantra for our users' interactive experience
- Conduct user research (empathy interviews, ethnographies and/or contextual inquiries) to develop user personas and complete user process analysis and hierarchical task analysis (HTA)
- Assist in translating requirements, information/interaction designs, and business/user needs into relevant, simple, elegant, and powerful UI Experiences that resonate with users and encourage adoption
- Create and document guidelines that elegantly address corporate brand standards, user-centered design principles, as well as business and operational requirements
- Actively monitor and analyze research, data, and trends from internal sources, academic research, and industry published reports to inform and improve our research methods
- Effectively and intelligently help in the iteration of designs by pinpointing key data points from testing, reviews, etc.
- Present and communicate research and analysis clearly and effectively across various organizations in any format required. Able to sell, support, explain, and simply present usability approach and research to various audience types from sophisticated design experts to non-designers
- Conduct usability testing of tools and apps
- Leverage analytics tools and quantitative techniques to measure success, present opportunities, and support decision-making and prioritization
- Contribute to the style guidelines, design pattern libraries and usability best practices that facilitate a growing team's work
What You Bring:
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Design Thinking and Lean Startup
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
-Excellent organization and time management
- Ability to present complex qualitative and quantitative data to diverse audiences in a understandable format
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Experience in gaining active end-user involvement in the specification, design, and implementation phases through interviews, site visits and other observational methods (web analytics, remote logging, remote un-moderated usability studies, etc.)
- Excellent leadership skills and the ability to successfully resolve conflicts on a team
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience managing user-centered design methodologies, user centered design and usability
- Master’s Degree or PhD in Behavioral Science, Computer Science (with Human-Computer Interaction focus), Human Factors, Usability, or Cognitive Psychology.
- 8years of experience managing user-centered design methodologies, user centered design and usability
- 5 years of experience with agile usability and agile methodologies
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor