Position: UX Programmer
Location: Baltimore, MD 21202
Duration: 3 years + 2 years (additional)
Interview: In-Person Only
Scope of Work:
created a website and call center operating under the name Maryland Health Connection (MHC). Through MHC, Maryland residents explore health insurance plans, compare rates, and determine their eligibility for advanced premium tax credits (APTC), cost sharing reductions (CSR) and public assistance programs such as Medicaid.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Plan Information Architecture by organizing content and laying out application interfaces.
- Create, revise and edit graphics, screens, and pages using Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Axure, and similar tools in Visual Design.
- Plan, design, develop and implement interactions and micro-interactions using HTML, CSS, jQuery and similar languages in front-end web development.
- Research and use the best practices in application design, form design, application interfaces, and health insurance digital design.
- Facilitate product visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for HBX solution.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Make strategic design, development and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Note: The candidate must have the flexibility to work overtime, as needed, to include weekends, holidays, and off-hours.
- A minimum of four (4) years of User Experience (UX) design/development experience.
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience in using UX design and development best practices.
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience in using InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer.js, or Quartz Composer.
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements, design and develop complete user experience solutions.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and stakeholders.
- Certification in visual and/or graphic design.
- Knowledge of programs like Flash, Photoshop, Dreamweaver.
- Experience in designing Health Exchange or Health Care related software solutions.
Place of Performance:
- The candidate must be capable of reporting to various locations as needs and meetings may require.