UPS is seeking a dynamic User Experience (UX) Design & UI Development Manager. The UX Manager will drive and lead the design and development for ups.com applications to provide best-in-class digital experiences for our customers. The UX Manager will work with other groups to help build a culture of constant optimization.
The UX Manager will lead an agile team of Interaction designers, project managers and vendor resources to deliver on current and upcoming projects. He/She also provides priorities and directives for agile teams. The UX Manager prioritizes work schedules, determines project assignments, and serves as the point of contact for HTML Development issues. He/She manages others within the department.
The UX Manager is also responsible for approvals and ensuring work aligns with Brand Standards and Accessibility guidelines. He/She plans overall schedule of deliverables between their team and other cross-functional teams, and serves as a liaison between all teams to identify outstanding issues (e.g., resource loading, changing priorities, emergency project needs, etc.) and to discuss resolutions, The UX Manager participates in the ups.com project cycle phases (e.g., planning, gathering user stories, architecture discussions, etc.) to understand work implemented by the team. He/She oversees and defines user stories, and designs as they apply to the user experience to represent the users’ needs for projects that impact ups.com.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prioritizes lists of goals and tasks for ups.com deliverables to ensure completeness of cycles
- Reviews cross-functional change requests or issues via e-mails, backlogs, or phone to evaluate the need for intervention
- Communicates issue resolutions to project teams to implement the approved action plans
- Creates project deliverables to assist the completion of ups.com goals and objectives
- Presents project deliverables for cross-functional team review to ensure comprehension and approval
- Reviews and accepts feedback from the cross-functional team to implement design changes to deliverables and documentation
- Manages resources and people processes (e.g., Quality Performance Review [QPR], Career Development, Training, Staffing, etc.) to ensure the day to day administration of processes and formal procedures
- Identifies individual and team skill gaps and developmental opportunities (e.g., training, special assignments, conferences, projects, etc.) to facilitate individual and team development
- Ensures direct and indirect reports have documented career goals and detailed plans for achieving these goals to develop them personally and professionally
- Conducts frequent performance evaluations in a consistent, fair, and objective manner to facilitate open communication and encourage continuous performance improvement
- Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals
- Ensures all work aligns with Brand Standards and Accessibility guidelines
Knowledge and Skills
- Writes well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Creates website layout/user interfaces by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Integrates data from various back-end services and databases
- Agile and flexible thinking
- Attention to detail and high quality output
- User Experience and Interface (UX/UI) design and prototyping
- Coaches and mentors team members, key stakeholders, and management on all optimization efforts
- Experience with CMS platforms such as Adobe AEM, Teamsite, etc.
- Ability to relate various data sources, find patterns, and synthesize meaningful insights to help with product design
- Works on dedicated cross functional teams
- Finds solutions to complex problems
- Project management experience
- Vendor management experience
- 7+ years in user experience design and management
- WCAG Accessibility Guidelines
- Responsive Design and Interaction Design