FireEye is the leader in intelligence-led security-as-a-service. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. FireEye has over 7,000 customers across 67 countries, including more than 45 percent of the Forbes Global 2000.
Do you want to help build products that help national security organizations and Fortune 500 companies protect their companies, customers, and constituents from evil? If so, we would like to hear from you!
We are looking for a talented UX Manager who can oversee a small team of UX designers and researchers who analyze, create, and communicate compelling digital experiences as part of an influential team whose activities have a material effect on our business and customers. This person must be able to understand interactivity in design, taking into account the user and technology while improving usability, accessibility, and business value. The ideal candidate is great at leading people, possesses a keen eye for detail, has superb aesthetic sense, and showcases a deep passion for design.
The successful candidate will have the demonstrable ability to promote the transformation of ideas into elegant, engaging and intuitive user interfaces for security-related systems. They are hands-on, and detail-oriented, with the ability to research, design, prototype, and advise on the implementation of exceptional user interfaces that support a variety of complex data-driven workflows. This role is client facing and requires the UX manager to articulate and defend design decisions at a tactical and strategic level to development teams and key stakeholders alike and push for best in class visual standards for the company. They must be able to employ exceptional written, verbal, and visual design communication skills to drive a user experience, visual design, and information architecture from concept to a finished product.
What you will do:
- Manage a team of top-talent UX designers and researchers supporting FireEye products and services
- Challenge existing creative solutions and inspire ideas for future enhancements
- Define user research and supplement with customer feedback to enhance our products through thoughtful user stories, wireframes, and designs
- Enable and guide designers to excel at the creation of storyboards, user personas, sitemaps, wireframes, visual mockups and style guides to support a rich user experience
- Work closely with multiple UI Engineering teams and other designers to transform visual designs into living, breathing applications
- Support releases of flagship products that align with key business objectives.
- Provide vision and design leadership across the core UX engineering team
- Stay abreast of the latest design trends to constantly challenge and redefine the FireEye experience
- Infuse our company culture with a design-thinking mindset – a creative approach to solving business, product, and user problems
- Serve both as a project and product manager, ensuring tactical and strategic objectives are effectively executed upon in a blending of fast paced iteration and agile methodologies.
- Effectively and constructively communicate and collaborate with cross-functional teams and cross-business teams and assist in driving broad-reaching solutions across the function/business.
- Mentor and consult team members by providing design guidance, constructive design critiques, and mentorship.
- Demonstrate a deep passion for learning and courage to push the boundaries of one's thinking.
- Travel as much as 5-10%.
What you bring to the table:
- A strong portfolio website demonstrating the impact your visual and interactive designs have made on real products.
- Expertise with multi-platform and multi-form-factor design.
- Experience with current industry standard design and prototyping tools like Figma, Sketch, the Adobe Creative Suite, Zeplin, Principal or InVision.
- Experience using prototyping tools to illustrate user workflows, elicit feedback and in UI and manifest micro-interactions, transitions, and animations.
- Degree in UX, Interactive Design, human-computer interaction, computer science or related discipline preferred.
- Experience with enterprise platform and product design.
- 10+ years of work experience.