Are you interested in joining a team delivering online education backed by data and analytics systems? Want to work with leading edge technologies on a team to positively change the lives of our learners? Our team consists of talented software engineers, architects, UI developers, scrummasters and analysts. Together we are developing software products to help students learn the right thing for them at the right time.
- Be a key member of Clinical Health Software Engineering team.
- Apply design principles, human perception, color theory, and effective storytelling to data visualization.
- Collaborate with team members and other stakeholders to build solutions using multiple frameworks, libraries and technologies related to UI and Data processing.
- Builds trust and works collaboratively with all levels of the organization, including product, business stakeholders, and senior executives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all levels of users and with management.
- Strong influencing, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Bachelor’s degree with over 7 years OR Master’s degree with over 5 years of experience in Information Technologies, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Industrial Design OR Graphic/Visual Design field.
- Extensive experienceworking with frameworks such as Dimple.js, JQuery, Angular.js, Node.js, Express.js, RequireJS, Bootstrap, FlatUI, MetroUI, HighCharts, ROR, Canvas, GIS, GMAP API, Website Speed and Performance Optimization.
- Working experience with MVC and Microservices architectures.
- Working experience with design tools like Zeplin or InVision.
- Working experience with agile software development practices and release of commercial software products.
- Working experience with WCAG (508) compliance.
- Working experience with build/release of UI components with Angular and other tools.
- Good knowledge of visual design and best practices of UI, reports and dashboards, scorecards.
- Good knowledge of Business Intelligence tools Tableau and Pentaho is a plus.
- Knowledge in statistics and machine learning would be highly beneficial: The candidate should have a strong developed mentality with a focus on measuring and metrics.
- Vertical specialization. Having worked on specialized systems such as adaptive learning, fraud detection, advanced analytics, monitoring etc. would be beneficial as well.
- Basics of project management.
- Writing skills: the candidates need to write good documentation and are also encouraged to write blogs etc. to build their reputation in the industry.
- Passion and the ability to learn new things.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to design on-site user research to understand user needs, sketching to ideate, storyboarding and wire framing to define workflow, and provide a strong portfolio demonstrating high-fidelity polished look and feel.
- Ability to review concepts and designs for ease of use, and communicate usability best practices.
- Ability to function as an owner of and be able to maintain human factors design guidelines and update/modify as required to keep relevant.
- Knowledge of and willingness to help evangelize best practices for achieving User-Centered Design within agile development teams.
- Knowledge of and ability to schedule, define, plan and execute user research, including but not limited to: task analysis, creation of user stories, and identification of user behavioral patterns.
- Ability to bring the creative ideas of others to market.
- Ability to function effectively during ambiguous tasks.
- Technical aptitude to partner with development teams.
- Analytical thinker and problem solver.
- Detail oriented with a strong focus on quality.
- Strong written communication skills.