Google engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. As a member of an extraordinarily creative, motivated and talented team, you develop new products that are used by millions of people. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about building new things and aren't daunted by the challenge of building something from scratch, then our team might be your next career step.
User experience (UX) is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to yield insights that inform product strategy and guide the design of the experiences we create. Our multidisciplinary UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and performance. We collaborate closely with product managers, software engineers, and many others to solve complex challenges and craft powerful experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google’s philosophy: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.”
- Work closely with UX designers, project managers and back-end engineers to implement versatile front-end solutions to tricky web development issues.
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices in order to push the limits of what a browser can do.
- Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Launch, iterate and make a difference. Provide front-end coding expertise, and be ready to make our products better for our users.
- Design and develop the front ends of user facing products.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, HCI, Design, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of relevant work experience in software development.
- Experience designing and implementing complex UIs.
- Experience with a scripting language, such as Python, Ruby, etc.
- Experience with user-interface design.
- Strong sense of web design and attuned to the fundamentals of user experience, including accessibility.
- Ability to communicate to all levels of users (internal and external), strong problem-solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership.