UX Engineers are the synthesis of design and development. They take Google's most innovative product concepts and bring them to life in an effort to push the boundaries of user interface design. Google is known for its design aesthetic and technical know-how. In a UX Engineer job, you'll need both types of skills to develop the next generation of products. You'll partner with Researchers and Designers to define and deliver new features, test new concepts and assist with final implementation. Details are critical as you iterate on complex interactions, animations and pixel-perfect visual designs.
As a UX Engineer with a positive and collaborative attitude to work with our product and engineering teams in supporting internal tools and external visualization experiences. Our mission is to “Empower Google Cloud with insightful data visualization experiences that amplify cognition and improve decision-making”. We believe that Data visualization can be a major differentiator for Google Cloud and a critical tool for minimizing complexity. We want to enable internal teams and external customers with insights into their data and infrastructure. You'll work in a multidisciplinary, enthusiastic atmosphere with talented UXers with a proven track record of delivering high quality user experiences and help build highly innovative data-driven visualization components, patterns, and models.
User experience (UX) is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to yield insights that inform product strategy and guide the design of the experiences we create. Our multidisciplinary UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and performance. We collaborate closely with product managers, software engineers, and many others to solve complex challenges and craft powerful experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google’s philosophy: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.”
- Help the Cloud Datavis UX team develop data visualizations for internal and customer facing interfaces.
- Develop a deep understanding of internal data models – write complex queries and manage data transformation to enable analytics,reporting and product features.
- Help analyze, visualize, and provide analytics on data/metrics to build reporting solutions to support various company initiatives.
- Participate in the creation and support of data visualization development standards and best practices across the company.
- Explore and recommend emerging technologies and techniques to support/enhance common UX patterns and components.
- Experience in Computer Graphics (OpenGL, 3D modeling, linear algebra) and related tools.
- Experience with SQL (MySQL, Postgres or Oracle RDBMS)
- Experience with responsive user interfaces and data visualization; Experiences with application frameworks (Angular, Vue, React), and graphics libraries (D3.js, Three.js, Vega, Processing).
- Experience building good, collaborative relationships across geographically distributed teams.
- A creative and analytical mindset to present information based on established design principles.
- Familiarity with user research methods or experienceworking closely with researchers.
- Familiarity with cloud computing or data center technologies.
- Passion for finding the stories buried in petabytes of data and are able to build insightful tools and data products that amplify cognition and lead to action.