As a User Experience (UX) leader, you help define and drive the future of Google design. You identify and set product strategy, envision complex UX ecosystems and inspire teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible. You possess a clear vision of the future of user experience and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking design.
In this role, you will apply your passion for brand, craft, and design fidelity to guide research and design processes, mentor talented members of your team, and collaborate with leaders of other UX and Engineering teams to create innovative experiences across all of Google’s products.
In this role, you will apply your passion for research and design processes, rapid and iterative product development, and deep collaboration skills to design and deliver compelling experiences for small businesses around the world. This team requires a strong leader who drives product vision as well as executional excellence through a high-performing team.
As a User Experience (UX) Director, you help define and drive the future of Google design. You identify and set product strategy, envision complex UX ecosystems and inspire teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible. You possess a clear vision of the future of user experience and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking design.
User experience (UX) is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to yield insights that inform product strategy and guide the design of the experiences we create. Our multidisciplinary UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and performance. We collaborate closely with product managers, software engineers, and many others to solve complex challenges and craft powerful experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google’s philosophy: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.”
- Create compelling product vision and strategic roadmaps to the Merchant and Local Commerce teams in collaboration with Product Managers and Engineering leads
- Nurture and grow a world-class design team across the global design teams.
- Advocate for small business efforts and collaborate across Google to make all products better.
- Build strong relationships and operating rhythms with leaders inside and outside of Geo to drive user experiences that are cohesive, inclusive, and well-informed.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Engineering Directors within Geo and across Google to make tough tradeoffs to get the right end to end experiences built.
- BA/BS degree in Design, HCI or Interaction, or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of experience in a c-level role creating strategy and designing products.
- Experience working collaboratively with senior designers, product managers and engineers.
- Outstanding UX portfolio, demonstrating clear insights, problem solving, and simple solutions.
- Deep technical knowledge of front-end mobile and web technologies.
- Track record of key contributions to innovative, successful products and UI Platforms.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to listen, articulate positions, and advocate designs.