As a User Experience (UX) leader, you help define and drive the future of Google design. You identify and set product strategy, envision complex UX ecosystems and inspire teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible. You possess a clear vision of the future of user experience and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking design.
In this role, you will apply your passion for brand, craft, and design fidelity to guide research and design processes, mentor talented members of your team, and collaborate with leaders of other UX and Engineering teams to create innovative experiences across all of Google’s products.
G Suite seeks to give every team in the world all the tools they need to do their best work. Our communications products - Gmail, Hangouts Chat, and G+ - play a critical role in this mission by creating exciting ways for teams to connect and collaborate in a new era of cloud computing.
You are a UX Leader who can help shape the future of our team communications products. Balancing big picture thinking with an attention to detail, influencing others, working hands-on with design explorations, and leading a team of talented Managers, Designers, and Researchers, and Program Managers are what make this a fun and exciting opportunity.
User experience (UX) is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to yield insights that inform product strategy and guide the design of the experiences we create. Our multidisciplinary UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and performance. We collaborate closely with product managers, software engineers, and many others to solve complex challenges and craft powerful experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google’s philosophy: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.”
- Define the UX vision for an integrated collection of G Suite Communications products
- Work collaboratively and drive consensus within a cross-functional team environment. Partner with creative leads, product, and business partners to come up with and execute bold new ideas
- Manage multiple project schedules. Work with the VP of Engineering and VP of Product on budget, headcount and strategy
- Grow and mentor a multi-disciplinary team of UX Leads, Managers, and Individual Contributors. Collaborate with other UX and Research leads to drive best practices and UX consistency across G Suite products
- BA/BS degree in Design, HCI, Interaction, and/or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of experience working on business and consumer web applications.
- 10 years of experience operating and managing distributed teams.
- Experience working on business and consumer web applications.
- Expertise in multiple design disciplines.
- Proven depth and breadth of knowledge allows development of creative and innovative solutions.
- Proven project, team, and/or people leadership skills.
- Possesses cross-functional and/or cross-organizational relationship-building skills.