To oversee and lead technical support staff. To work with business leaders to define scope and requirements and plan and execute development of various systems. Acts as liaison with business sponsors and principals.
The UX Design manager will lead a team of UX strategists and information architects to work on a highly collaborative team using human centered design, design thinking, LEAN and agile processes to discover, ideate, create and implement the retirement planexperience. The ideal candidate is a passionate leader with creative management experience, strong business acumen and deep UX experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages staff. Provides guidance, training, and motivation to develop staff. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback, and recommends salary actions in accordance with HR policies and procedures.
- Maintains responsibility for delivering hardware and software releases relating to the area of system ownership for the business units. Works with the business clients to determine scope then develops environmental requirements for each project. Assigns projects to staff. Communicates back to the business clients project status and issues during the project life cycle. Resolves any resource or budget constraints to ensure the projects are delivered on schedule and within budget.
- Works closely with management to develop and implement staffing and operational plans. Participates in the development of short and long term department goals.
- Develops and implements changes to department policies and procedures to meet changing business needs. Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement. Leads quality initiatives to improve the delivery of service levels.
- Presents project status, metrics, and department initiatives at meetings with management and project peers.
- Develops and implements operational plans to achieve department objectives. Works with Principal and senior management in the planning, development, and execution of short and long range goals
- Participates in the development of the department budget. Reviews expenses and ensures department operates within budgetary guidelines.
- Ensures staff complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Ensures staff complies with HR and Information Security policies and procedures, and verifies deliverables meet Information Security requirements.
- Manages special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduatedegree in related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience, with graduate degree, preferred.
- Eight years of software development experience including five years as a Project Manager/ Manager.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including interviewing and presentation skills.
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills.
- Broad knowledge of the financial services industry.
- Expert knowledge of the following project methodology practices and concepts: full product life cycle (Summit-D ), quality methodology, requirements gathering, resource planning.
- Expert knowledge of multiple IT platforms: AS/400, Client/server, IBM mainframe, Microsoft Windows NT, OS/390, UNIX.
- Expert knowledge of current versions of the following products: Lotus Notes and Microsoft Office Suite.