Job Title: UX / Creative Graphics Designer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Washington, DC
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- The graphic designer will design for web, mobile, and print material.
- He/she will generally apply design to prototypes or wireframes that have been created by an information architect or interaction designer.
- The designer must be able to take a design concept and translate it into an appealing visual representation.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop design concepts for web sites and applications, as well as for promotional material
- Apply design concepts to prototypes developed by others
- Ensure site or application level consistency with respect to visual design and interaction components
- Adhere to the Bank's design, usability, and accessibility standards
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, Web Design, or similar field
- Role Specific Experience: 5+ years of experience
- Advanced knowledge of graphic design principles
- Advanced knowledge of accessibility principles
- Advanced understanding of information systems and application development standards and life cycle methodologies
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop, Corel, or similar software
- Basic knowledge of interaction design
- Familiarity with principles of human computer interaction
- Strong team player
- Ability to produce deliverables within tight deadlines
Desired Skills/Abilities (not required but a plus):
- Knowledge of basic HTML, Dreamweaver and similar software