Utility Fiber Applications Engineer / Specialist
We are seeking a Utility Fiber Applications Engineer/Specialist who will be responsible for sales of the organization's products/services to major accounts by contacting established end-users, distributors, manufacturing rep agencies and developing new prospects.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Provides technical sales support in the assigned market. Activity includes collaboration with PLP®’s Energy/Communication Sales Management and Product Management teams. Target markets include, but are not limited to: Municipalities, IOU’s, Co-Op’s, and PUD’s.
- Provides technical sales support to engineering firms in relation to design of PLP products, including designing FTTH (fiber-to-the-home) networks.
- Provides training and joint calls with manufacturing rep agencies and authorized PLP® distributors.
- Assists in identifying projects in assigned market so PLP can gain an early spec position; makes product recommendations to customers (bill of materials).
- Coordinates customerRFP packages:
- Assists sales correspondents and other departments
- Selects appropriate products to meet tender requirements
- Provides support documentation recommendations
- Provides assistance with sales representatives as needed with electric power distribution products (Formed Wire).
- Identifies new accounts in territory.
- Determines where the buying influences are.
- Coordinates routine and effective sales calls on the identified buying influences.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Marketing, or related field of study and/or experience.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in engineering and/or retail sales, demonstrating a progression of both responsibility and sales success.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 60% of the time.