Utilities Procurement Director
The Utilities Procurement Director is responsible for Honeywell's global utilities procurement strategy, execution and results. The Utilities Procurement Director is the Corporate Procurement partner to the Honeywell Indirect Procurement leaders and energy leaders in the SBGs with responsibility for strategy development, process definition, deployment, results and improvement, and implementation oversight of purchasing practices and delivery to an annual operating plan for savings and working capital improvement. This role has direct impact on the financial performance of the businesses through the delivery of cost savings and cash/working capital improvement. Specific responsibilities include:
• Direct responsibility for leveraging $250 million of utilities spend across SBG's and Corporate accountability for delivery of over $15 million of annual savings
• Develop and drive Honeywell's utilities procurement strategy to deliver a 'one Honeywell' procurement approach for current and future business requirements.
• Partner with SBG CPO's, Indirect Procurement leaders, Energy Leaders and ISC leadership and other key stakeholders to ensure lowest cost of ownership
• Deliver business results including productivity, working capital improvement, supplier performance (quality and delivery) and continuity of supply
• Develop & implement strategies to enable global spend leverage, competitive pricing, quality, delivery and risk management with the supply base
• Solicit global, regional and country specific market intelligence in utilities to guide business decisions to deliver results as well as identify risk
• Champion use of eAuction to achieve SBG & Corp Procurement business results
• Lead and mentor the Corporate Utilities Procurement team
• Consolidate fragmented global spend, reduce the utilization of non-strategic suppliers, and move the procurement activities upstream in the lifecycle of a solution in order to bring greater value to Honeywell.
• Negotiate strategic agreements with utilities suppliers to maximize the benefits to Honeywell
• Make recommendations on alternative energy sources with recommended payback analysis
• Create and lead the cross-SBG category strategy team (CST) driving cross-SBG synergies and best-practice sharing
• Lead supplier development and supply base management for the utilities category
• Develop and drive a procurement talent management process including the development of talent pipelines for the Utilities Procurement team
• Understand regional/country energy markets
• Provide business guidance as to when to lock in rates
• Identify and program manage energy efficiency projects
• University degreerequired, preferably in Supply Chain/Procurement or related business field.
• Minimum 10 years experience in Supply Management/Sourcing/Procurement experiencepreferred.
• Minimum 5 years leadership experience in Supply Management/Sourcing/Procurement including strong managerial and leadership skills to work across all functions and levels of an organization; ability to lead change; effectively build high performing teams and model high performance standards.
• MBA/Masters Degree preferred.
• CPM certification desired.
• Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills including listening skills and facilitation skills.
• Execution skills including persistent drive for results utilizing sound project management, organizational and problem solving skills.
• Strategic thinking skills including an ability to make sound business judgments related to strategic supply philosophies and initiatives.
• Technical skills including strong negotiation skills; excellent knowledge of operations management and supply chain processes in a large organization; and knowledge of effective technology driven-sourcing processes.
• Previous leadership experience in a matrix environment.
• Experience in managing diverse cultures in a global business.
• Knowledge and experience in the utilities industry preferred