Gerber Products Company dba Nestlé Infant Nutrition is seeking a UtilitiesManager at our Fort Smith, AR facility. This position will maintain the factory’s industrial services in a fully compliant and operational state which supports our production requirements while at the same time managing cost and utility usage.
Manage Industrial Services (WWTP, steam, refrigeration, air, and water) to provide reliable supply to Factory Operations.
Full compliance to both internal and external requirements. Internal requirements include all relevant Nestle Instructions, HACCP, and internal audits. External requirements include all regulatory reporting, permitting, and inspection activities.
Develop internal expertise and capability within the industrial services organization.
Monitor and report utility consumption and recommend changes to improve efficient use of these resources.
Support engineering projects that impact industrial services.
Safety and Environmental:
• Follow factory safety & environmental objectives & targets
• Follow the plant safety rules; report incidents & unsafe conditions immediately
• Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to the Safety & Environmental Management System(s) on all related procedures and programs.
• Understand the environmental aspects of the position and take action to reduce these environmental impacts by conserving paper, electricity, water etc. Will also recycle all appropriate materials (paper, plastic, food, etc.)
• Follow factory food safety, quality objectives & targets
• Follow Nestle Good Manufacturing Practices; report food safety and quality issues immediately.
• Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to Nestle Quality Management System on all related procedures and programs especially with regards to industrial services – water, steam, compressed air etc.
• Understand the food safety and quality aspects of the position as indicated on QMS, OJT's and SOP's that apply.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Bachelor Degree in Engineering related field or Associates Degree and equivalent work experience.
Working knowledge of PSM program.
Experience with Nestle Environmental Requirements is a plus
Employee must support and comply with all Nestlé programs and policies, including affirmative action goals and commitments, SHE strategies, corporate citizenship initiatives, GMP’s and Safety Policies to ensure employee safety and product quality. Employee must meet all requirements related to NQMS and ISO standards for Quality, Food Safety, Environmental Compliance and Occupational Health and Safety.
3-5 years industrial services experience with exposure to WWTP, boilers, and ammonia refrigeration.
3+ years of supervisory/management experience is desired.