Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Summary/General Description of Job:
The Incumbent provides incidental engineering and manages the total work effort associated with operation, sustainment, restoration, and modernization of all Utility Systems located at NBK Bangor, NBK Keyport, NBK Bremerton, Naval Magazine Indian Island, Maynard Peak, Zelatched Point, Camp McKean, Camp Wesley Harris and Jackson Park Complex. The Utility Manager position serves as the subject matter expert for review and approval of Contractor plans and procedures related to operation and maintenance of the utility systems; and provide review/approval of related scopes of work and cost proposals provided to the Government.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Oversees the Supervisors of the High & Low Voltage Electric, Water, Waste Water, Natural Gas, Steam, Utility Support shops and other functional areas as assigned.
- Oversees subcontractors and service providers performing operations, maintenance, repairs, and alterations on any assigned utility systems and facilities.
- Possesses the ability to quickly reallocate resources to respond to duly approved emergency/urgent requirements
- Acts as technical advisor for all matters relating to assigned functional areas
- Establishes parameters of, implements, and conducts analyses of Integrated Maintenance Program across all Utility infrastructure.
- Interfaces with Government client to provide briefing, discuss operational issues, and represents CFSI in technical and operational performance evaluations.
- In coordination with the CFSI Work Control function, manages subordinate supervisors in development, implementation, and execution of an Emergency and Service Trouble Call program, Maintenance/PM Program, Inspection/ Testing /Certification Program, Integrated Maintenance Program (IMP) and Other Recurring Service Programs to maintain and repair facilities, installed equipment, medical systems, and minor property.
- Develops and oversees a comprehensive maintenance program that provides an economical approach to manufacturers’ recommended procedures, OEM standards, and maintenance required to satisfy equipment warranties and keep facilities, installed equipment, and minor property in normal working condition.
- Implements methods and procedures to accomplish assigned tasks
- Supports the project Safety Plan through personal involvement in all aspects of safety, including training and attention to the adherence to safety requirements pertaining to particular trades or skills
- Serves as an electrical engineering consultant on all electrical design aspects of assigned projects; provides professional consultation on a wide range of electrical engineering issues and problems; provides advice to requesting organizations. Interfaces with contractors, NAVFAC, architect and engineer (A&E) firms, and contracting officers to resolve unforeseen problems during design, identifies regulatory constraints, and facilitates the exchange of information to expedite work.
- Coordinates the preparation of and reviews A&E statements of work (SOW); provides standards and criteria for specialized, difficult, or unusual project requirements; reviews preliminary and final engineering plans, specifications, and cost estimates of A&E firms or other government agencies to ensure design excellence and compliance with specifications.
- Coordinates projects with engineers in other disciplines or with architects; applies knowledge of other disciplines to determine coordination effort required to address various design considerations.
- Keeps abreast of emerging technologies for programmed development; uses computers/computer software such as information management programs, computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) programs, and project tracking programs to solve engineering problems and facilitate work; keeps current on relevant software applications.
- Performs related work as assigned
- Professional knowledge of a broad range of engineering and construction standards, methods, practices, techniques, materials, and equipment to determine compliance with federal, state, and local codes and regulations
- Professional knowledge of a broad range of electrical engineering concepts, principles, and practices, as well as extensive familiarity with other engineering disciplines and architecture.
- Planning, conducting, and recording site/facility surveys and inspections.
- Researching, analyzing, interpreting, and apply rules, regulations, and procedures in a variety of situations and recommend timely and economical solutions.
- Effectively utilizing leadership, management, and supervisory theory as a manager.
- Working knowledge of SCADA systems.
- The ability to work with electrical protective relay coordination for electrical distribution systems.
- Using of common office equipment including, copiers, fax machines, and computers
- Understanding client’s business needs and responding to them without compromising the integrity or profitability of all parties
- Communicating effectively orally and in writing, including the ability to make significant presentations to senior team and client management
- Successfully completing all mandated training requirements per government and management directives
- Timely and cost effective performance of duties.
- Timely completion and accuracy of all departmental work.
- Ensuring compliance with company safety regulations.
- Dealing with a variety of people in a professional, courteous manner in diversified situations.
- Adherence to established CGS, LLC safety policies and good industrial and office safety practices.
- Compliance with CGS, LLC Standard Operating Procedures and Personnel policies and procedures.
- Demonstrating skill in the use of MS Word and Excel at the intermediate or higher level.
- Effectively coordinating a number of projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrating the ability to work well under pressure.
- Being onsite during normal business hours and the being able to report back within two hours after the Government’s normal working hours.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Professional Associations):
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited program.
- Five (5) years relevant experience at a comparable level of responsibility in electrical utility systems of similar size, scope and complexity to serving as the Utilities Manager.
- Previous experience working with SCADA systems and high and medium voltage electrical transmission and distribution system maintenance, repair and operation.
- Previous experience associated with electrical protective relay coordination for electrical distribution systems.
- Current valid state issued driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to obtain a SECRET Clearance.
- Ability to successfully pass any background checks and/or drug testing required on the contract.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to use Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Power Point) at an intermediate level.
- Current Secret Security Clearance.
- Valid professional engineering license in Electrical Engineering.
- Advanced degree in electrical engineering, project management, or related building sciences program.
- Membership in professional engineering organizations.
(Job ID: 561)