Due to expansion, Catalent is looking to recruit a Utilities Engineer to join a growing CI Technology & Engineering group at our site in Morrisville, NC.
The CI Technology & Engineering department is responsible for supporting the effective maintenance and repair of facility, production systems, equipment and manufacturing operations for Clinical Trial and Commercial Manufacturing. It coordinates all aspects of employee health through production maintenance, security, and cleanliness.
Growth of the business and a planned manufacturing expansion of the facility requires a Utilities Engineer to coordinate the planning and execution of the expansion as well as ongoing manufacturing support. The Utilities Engineer provides hands on, cross-functional operational support in partnership with commercial manufacturing.
The Role (daily responsibilities)
- Supports operations and is the SME for all utility systems and equipment, including activities necessary to prevent or correct breakdowns malfunctions.
- Develops Route-based Inspection programs for utility distribution systems throughout facility to detect malfunctions or breakdowns.
- Responsible for “Building Management System” for operations, improvement and serves as the site’s SME.
- Responsible for leading the site’s Energy Conservation Program.
- Supports BD group for project bidding that requires build outs and equipment layouts/installations for new capital projects.
- Coordinate PM, maintenance and calibration activities for GMP facilities, equipment and systems.
- Investigates malfunctions or breakdowns of utility systems to diagnose causes and locate the source of the problem. Identify issues and leads problem solving, contingency planning, and decision-making.
- Develop and implement corrective actions and solutions. Develop emergency action plans and operate auxiliary supply systems when a breakdown occurs.
- Inform key stakeholders of status, issues, problems, and proposed solutions.
- Own change control process for validated manufacturing equipment.
The Candidate (requirements)
- BS degree in engineering + 7 years relevant experiencerequired
- Extensive (10+ years) plant and process engineeringexperience in a FDA regulated manufacturing facility.
- Experience with CapEx projects (design, build & construction management)
- Able to convert concept to actionable plan and implement to get results
- Able to troubleshoot instrument/equipment problems
- Able to troubleshoot/solve mechanical/facilities problems
- Potential for career growth within an expanding team
- Defined career path and annual performance review and feedback process
- Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K are all offered from Day One of employment
- 19 days of paid time off annually + 7 paid holidays.