USSOCOM DCGS SOF Software Developer
Will be part of a team, which is responsible for the design and development to process, exploit and disseminate Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) data and intelligence focused on unique Special Operations Forces (SOF) requirements through the DCGS-SOF and the DCGS family of systems (FoS).
Will perform the following tasks:
- Work closely with Systems Analysts, Subject Matter Experts, Data Architect, Integrator, and Technical Lead in support of the design and development of technologies to support integration needs with external and internal systems.
- Support DCGS-SOF team throughout the Software Development Life Cycle including production environment.
- Employ best practices for design, development, unit testing and test plan development.
- Design and develop critical components of the solution, including but not limited to, custom data adapter implementation, application interfaces, and security layer.
- Write, modify, and debug web and SOA applications
- Assess technology needs and evaluate solutions in support of DCGS-SOF program.
- Create custom data parser for handling data resources in various formats for processing into an enterprise XML repository.
- Create XML data schemas for existing and new data resources.
- Create Use Case Analysis UML designs based on documented system requirements.
- Actively participate in the documentation of software requirements.
- Actively participate and support functional design review, preliminary design review, critical design review, and basic acceptance testing.
- Participate in Scrum meetings and sprint planning.
- 2-5 years of experience with software design, development, integration, and testing.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Experience working withdatabase administration and design.
- Experience with J2EE, Ember, Spring, Web Services, SOA, XML, XSL, XQUERY, SOAP, and REST.
- Experience working with the J2EE application architecture.
- Team player able to work with government customers, project manager, solutions architect and other developers.
- Detail oriented and organized; able to drive solutions using the software development life cycle
- Ability to independently and as a member of a team resolve software problems.
- Excellent communication skills; effective listening skills and follow through
- NOSQL database expertise.
Education and Years of Experience
- Two to four years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field and related experience.