Ushering & Medical Emergency Manager
5 - 7 years experience • Arts & Entertainment
USHERING & MEDICAL EMERGENCY MANAGER
Top “Must Haves” for the Ideal Candidate:
• 6 - 8years of related professional experience with at least 2years managing a flexible workforce (of 200+ employees ideally).
• Strong & Motivational Leader - Ability to counsel, coach and motivate employees and to effectively manage performance when necessary. Must be decisive and have a passion for training.
• Operational Excellence & Expertise in Staffing a High-Quality Event Team - Ability to effectively plan, set priorities, and manage several projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines to deliver a very high-level guest experience. Must have strong understanding and experience with financial management and budgeting, as this role oversees a significant labor budget.
• Expertise in Conflict Resolution - Ability to maintain stability, dependability and professionalism when faced with changing and difficult situations.
Company Overview: Our client is a major sports franchise and operator of a world-class sports and entertainment venue.
• Accountable for leading and motivating the department team of part-time ushers and emergency medical employees.
• Provide event guests with a safe and enjoyable experience through effective crowd management and exceptional Hire, train, motivate, assign responsibilities and evaluate department staff.
• Anticipate and respond to guest needs, requests, and concerns in a manner that preserves excellent guest relations.
• Communicate Guest Services philosophy to all departments’ employees and keep peers advised of guest services issues and problems.
• Implement process and support systems that consistently measures and improves performance.
• Oversee department operations, administration, reporting and records.
• Oversee scheduling and positioning of employees to best accomplish guest service needs and cost effectiveness per event.
• Be committed to “world class” operations in terms of a professional business; understand the needs SSE vision and purpose so that objectives are achieved.
• Meet with booking directors and touring show representatives to determine security measures and other guest services requirements on a per event basis.
• Oversee the processing of the Ushering and Emergency Medical payroll including spot-checking for accuracy and contract compliance.
A meaningful compensation package will be developed for the successful candidate that includes a base salary, along with performance-based bonus.