State Street is seeking a User Researcher. As a core member of the State Street’s UX team, you are excellent at communication and collaboration, with a willingness to educate the entire organization on the importance of user research. The ideal candidate will display an uncompromising passion for reducing user effort and improving the effectiveness solutions. They will be results-oriented and have the ability to take practical steps to achieve a long-term, cutting edge vision.
- Experience designing research programs that include qualitative and quantitative methods
- Experience translating data into insight, strategy and design direction
- Distilling project goals and research questions into well thought-out research plans
- Hands-on experience with: field research, ethnography, lab-based user testing, remote testing, paper prototype testing, iterative prototype testing, concept testing, and survey design.
- Excellent understanding of current research methods and the passion for following trends in new methods from industry and academia
- Experience working with modern user research tools, including analytic tools for data analysis
- Excellent communication skills; ability to clearly articulate research findings across different stakeholder audiences across an organization
- Proven experience developing innovative and creative solutions to complex problems
- Ability to be self-managed while working on several projects simultaneously in a collaborative environment
- Experience working on Consumer and Mobile products a plus
- Experience working with design thinking preferred
An ideal candidate understands and has applied modern user research methods and best practices, has designed and created programs within organizations and has lead field and lab research projects for a variety of financial companies. You should be passionate about research and have the ability to work in Agile design and development environments. Data is crucial to the success of the research, and you have the analytical skills to design quantitative and qualitative research efforts. You thrive on providing creative and pragmatic solutions for getting the data needed to untangle user experience problems. You have the ability to work with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize research questions based on analysis of current knowledge, project goals and risk and can conduct user research with rigor while ensuring participant comfort.
- MS/MA in user research, human factors, anthropology, human-computer interaction, information science, psychology, plus practice experience
- 7 years work experience
- Research experience from a complex technical field. Especially valued would be experience from research on financial institutions and their offerings
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization