Our mission as a leading investment management firm is to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. We believe our associates are the key to this mission and we are always looking for talented individuals who share our commitment to our client’s success.
If you’re looking for challenging work experiences and the ability to learn in a collaborative culture, we invite you to explore the opportunities available at T. Rowe Price.
About the Role:
Technologists at T. Rowe Price are playing a key role in helping build the future of financial services, working hand-in-hand with business partners to create client experiences that are changing the way people invest. We’re looking for UI Engineers to join our Technology Development Center in NYC (233 Park Avenue South/19th Street). We want technologists with a fresh perspective who are passionate about solving complex business, data and technical challenges.
You’ll work with smart, talented people across our business to create groundbreaking, next-generation applications for n-tier cloud architectures. You’ll be involved, hands-on, through the entire development cycle. And you’ll redefine the way our traders, portfolio managers and analysts serve our clients.
We will expect you to be agile / to lead / to think outside the box. In return, we’ll give you challenging work that has an impact / Opportunities to learn and grow / and a collaborative culture that encourages every member of our team to bring their point of view to the table—because that’s how we help our clients succeed.
The User Interface (UI) Engineer is a newly created position which has been established to provide world-class visualization and workflows in support of our Investment process. Our Front Office analysts in Research, Portfolio Management, and Trading demand best-in-class digital solutions to drive our performance in the financial markets. The UI Engineer will join a team innovating the future of solutions for our investment professionals, providing thought leadership for the development and delivery of engaging and delighting experience for our clients and associates.
- Develop world-class User Interfaces for our Investment Professionals
- Leverage cutting edge responsive web technologies such as HTML5, React, Angular, and OpenFin
- Ensure quality by a deep commitment to automated testing (Akka, Jasmine, etc.)
- Act as a champion and thought leader in creating the TRP digitalexperiences
- Drive rapid site and digital asset development and deployment via creative strategy and information architecture
- Create scalable creative experiences that improve usability, and align with Enterprise Digital Strategy and Brand Standards
- Ensure compliance to UX design processes and designquality standards
Required Technical Experience:
- Core object-oriented fundamentals (such as Java)
- A strong understanding and demonstration of user centered design principles
- Experience in Agile methodologies
- Ability to translate work and requirements to IT teams in a manor conducive to rapid development environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
Required Soft Skills:
- Ability to successfully partner and communicate with all levels of an organization
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively both with IT, with business management and a demonstrated ability to influence and impact the business
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to forge relationships resulting in successful partnerships
- Strong negotiation skills, business acumen and customer focused
- Enthusiasm for learning & results oriented
- Strong academic record and a BA/BS degree
- Computer Science preferred, other applicable degrees acceptable as well
T. Rowe Price is an Equal Opportunity Employer