User Interface Software Engineer
- Maintaining and extending user interface software for proprietary biological modeling software platform
- Working with end-users and architects to solicit and refine new features, and optimize users’ workflow
- Responsible for all aspects of software process: design, prototyping, debugging, testing, etc.
- Constructing detailed test cases for user-interface code and automating them
- Helping end-users troubleshoot problems
- Contributing to user manuals & design documents
- Periodically assisting with small-scale system administration / IT tasks
- Minimum of BS in Computer Science
- Strong background in algorithms, data structures, and software engineering principles is required.
- Commitment to writing elegant, reliable, robust software is essential.
- Solid object-oriented design skills, testing and debugging skills are required.
- Strong working knowledge of Java required; C++ desirable. Deep familiarity with some GUI toolkits in one or more of these languages is required.
- Experience developing with a scripting language such as Python, Perl, etc. is strongly desired.
- Some experience with major RDBMS is desirable.
- Eagerness to work in a team-oriented, small company environment.