As a part of the Cox Automotive family, Dealer.com helps automotive dealers thrive in today's digital retailing environment. Our professionals - technologists, digital strategists, creative designers, customer support experts, and everything in between - deliver a comprehensive suite of digital marketing and operational technology and services to the majority of dealers in the US. We help dealerships optimize their business, and help shoppers to shop and buy the way they prefer, through our Dealertrack and Dealer.com-branded products. Job Summary:The User Interface Engineer II is responsible for planning, designing, and producing websites and other screen based digital media solutions. The User Interface Engineer II also plays a role in providing advice and guidance, and monitoring emerging trends. This position is open on the Website Platform Release Train, which includes Seamless Websites, My Cars™, Digital Retailing, Promotions, Personalization, Stability/Performance and AWS implementation. The Website Platform team focuses on the technology platform that supports over 15,000 individual websites. Our Website Platform team is highly dynamic and creates new solutions to change the way people buy, sell, and own cars.Your Role:
- Works with Product Management to understand the challenges that end users face and partner with customers to design viable front-end solutions.
- Provides input into story sizing, backlog grooming, and release planning for front-end solutions.
- Designs, creates, develops, and maintains dynamic user interface templates for multiple applications, complete with page-level unit testing
- Architects and implements front-end frameworks to increase development speed-to-market.
- Develops dynamic web pages for high-volume, multi-tier, architecture-based applications.
- Performs trouble-shooting efforts and investigations when necessary.
- Provides ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products.
- Actively works with less experienced user interface engineers providing technical guidance and oversight
- Actively participates in the engineering community, staying up to date on new web development technologies and best practices and shares insights with others in the organization.
- Collaborate with colleagues from other disciplines to define technology objectives, assess solution options and devise architectural solutions that both achieve strategic business goals and meet operational requirements.
- Develop visual user experiences, working with project teams to present propositions and strategies.
- Translate concepts into hi-fidelity visual outputs and interactive prototypes.
- Capture multi-disciplinary requirements, and translates those requirements into user experiences, prototypes and final assets.
- Plan and cost UI development activities, building in time for iteration, user feedback and design changes, and articulating the costs and benefits of different design approaches.
- Design, code, test, correct and document programs and scripts from agreed specifications, and subsequent iterations, using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result.
- Take part in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues' work.
- Manage application enhancements to improve business performance
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- ScrumDeveloper Certification or equivalent
- 2+ years of working experience
What We Look For:
- Working experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems
- Working experience realizing applications from conception and design, to implementation and support
- Working experience designing and developing Content Management Systems
- Working experience with user interface design patterns and visual design elements
- Working experience with application lifecycle methodologies (e.g. agile, iterative)
- Working experience in analysis, design and programming
- Working experience with appropriate databasetechnology