The User Interface Engineer (UI Engineer) II designs and implements user interfaces for websites and applications based on requirements created by internal business teams. This position works closely with stakeholders to implement user interfaces and requires a broad knowledge of general key concepts for user interfaces as well as common development tools used for creative design and application development. Additionally, this position creates and maintains documentation, reviews the quality of work of junior team members, and serves as a point of escalation for the support team.
Before learning more about this opportunity, learn more about benefits:
Cable ONE appreciates the role our associates’ play to help the company grow, and in return Medical and Dental Plan benefits, retirement savings, and other work/life programs are offered to recognize the importance of our associates’ contributions, such as:
- Medical and Dental Plans – Starts on 1st Day of HIRE
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Up to $75 a month towards cable and internet services
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Holiday, and Personal/Sick Days)
- 401k - 100% Company Match (match program starts after 1 year of service, up to 5% of pay)
Duties and Responsibilities:
Analysis, Design, Development and Testing is 70% of the expected responsibility.
- Designs, develops and implements user interfaces for websites and applications to fulfill user interface business requirements using common software development methodologies while maintaining an awareness of the technology used throughout the stack.
- Conceptualizes and articulates ideas and communicates with team members, managers, and stakeholders through appropriate assets.
- Provides design for materials, user interfaces, web interfaces, user experience and information architecture. This involves creating mockups, wireframes, presentations, and prototypes as well as presenting designs, mockups, and prototypes to stakeholders.
- Maintains documentation for technical designs that are used by internal teams for application support and maintenance.
- Serves as a point of escalation for junior team members.
- Provides support for legacy applications and serves as an escalation point for the support team.
- Performs on-call duties to troubleshoot technical issues and points of integration.
- Works closely with stakeholders as well as graphic designers to design and implement functional, intuitive, modern, and an aesthetically pleasing user experience for public-facing and internal websites and applications.
- Stays current on emerging user interface technologies and trends in order to advise the business on recommendations for strategic user interface direction changes.
- Reviews the quality of work, mentors and trains junior associates.
Other duties and/or responsibilities not specifically set forth above may, however, be assigned as needed. Whenever practicable and, in accordance with legal guidelines, reasonable accommodation[s] will be made to enable an otherwise qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of the position.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. A) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
- Four years related experiencerequired.
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle is required.
- General knowledge of the following concepts and industry standards is preferred: object oriented programming, design patterns, N-Tier apps, WC3 standards, 508 accessibility, prototyping, Usability Testing, Web analytics, SEO, and performance optimization.
- Preferred knowledge of PCI compliance, SharePoint master page and styles, MVC architecture.
- Familiarity with the following toolsets preferred: Adobe Creative Suite, Visual Studio, and Team Foundation.
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism with a customer-centric mindset while ensuring business requirements are met.
- Must be a creative self-starter with sound problem solving and excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Must observe Cable One’s Basic Principles.
- Must be flexible with schedule.
Position will require up to 20% travel.