In this position you will be part of a team of Software Engineers who are engaged in a large scale effort to design, develop, implement and support web based insurance applications. You will implement robust business applications to help us sell our insurance products, interact with our customers, and communicate electronically with our agents. You will be expected to maintain awareness of internet trends, technologies and best practices. You must be adept at problem solving, workflow analysis, interpersonal relations, and have excellent oral/written communications skills. You must have the ability to direct others while promoting a spirit of partnership and collegiality across administrative and functional areas of the company. You will be expected to contribute with hands on development.
- Work with Business Analysts to understand requirements and translate to design.
- Source code development.
- Unit test case development.
- Functional/system integration testing support and Deployment.
- Integrate component design.
- Support production as needed and meet development schedules.
- 5+ years of Java software development experience working on n-tiered, web-based applications.
- Deep experience with Ajax/Web2.0 development (dynamic web applications).
- Experience with AngularJS or any other UI Frameworks based on MVC desirable.
- Experience with mobile application development a big plus.
- Familiarity with search engines a plus.
- Familiarity with Web content management systems a plus.
- Familiarity with Open Source frameworks such as Spring, Struts.
- Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.