Starting with residential real estate, where 4.5% of all homes sold in the US last year had a Matterport 3D tour, the company has changed how people experience properties and is rapidly expanding in new markets like apartments, vacation rentals, hotels, business listings, event venues, and retail environments, as well as architecture, engineering, and construction.
We have an end-to-end system for creating, experiencing, and changing cloud-based immersive 3D models of real spaces. Our system will improve the way people experience and visualize physical spaces making it incredibly easy for anyone to move through real world spaces as if they were there.
With funding from a group of stellar VCs and investors, we are changing the way we see the world!
In this role, you will create understanding and empathy around user needs, stated and unstated, for the Company. Work cross-functionally with designers,product managers and engineers. Conduct primary research, exploring the behaviors and motivations of our users through methods like surveys, usability testing, and logs analysis. Your research will help us create useful, usable, and delightful new products and features for our customers as well as continually innovating on existing products. Inspire change at all stages of product development by delivering compelling, written, in-person and visual presentations.
- Own and define the user research discipline company-wide
- Design and conduct qualitative and quantitative research studies, including user interviews, in-person or remote usability studies, focus groups, surveys, etc., for our existing and future products
- Map, maintain and evangelize the end-to-end customer journey for current and existing experiences (consideration to support to loyalty)
- Partner closely with the Product, design, engineering, sales, marketing and customer support teams to understand the problems we’re solving, the mental models and needs of our users, and to create solutions that champion the simplicity and intuitiveness of our experiences.
- Identify and explore new opportunities through creative research methods and co-design sessions to help define product roadmaps, vision, and strategy
- Build empathy across the organization to improve the products we build for our customers
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, Information Science, Cognitive Science, Market Research or related field
- 10+ years of experience conducting research in an applied setting
- Knowledge of qualitative and/or quantitative UX research methods, such as lab-based or remote usability studies, user interviews, field research, survey research and statistical analysis
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills, including the ability to influence key stakeholders
- Passion for using data to inform decisions and to advocate for our users