The User Experience (UX) Lead is responsible for developing interaction and information architecture deliverables (such as, site maps, user scenarios, wireframes, mental models, personas, interaction specifications and prototypes) for a variety of user interfaces including web sites, mobile applications, kiosks and business tools. The Senior User Experience Consultant is also responsible for conducting user and stakeholder research activities including user interviews and observation, ideation sessions, usability studies and other user research techniques to inform user-centered insights for final deliverables.
The User Experience Lead will be expected to provide leadership and guidance on the projects with which he or she is engaged. Project leadership activities include creating and implementing the project plan, providing guidance and direction for more junior team members and working closely with the client to present and review deliverables.
A firm understanding of user-centered design processes and interaction design principles will be crucial to the User Experience Lead’s success at Rightpoint. In addition to day-to-day client responsibilities, the Senior User Experience Consultant candidate is also responsible for participating in the growth of the design practice at Rightpoint through continuous collaboration, business development, research and creative excellence. The ideal candidate enjoys working in a team environment and is dedicated to creating quality materials within budgeted timeframes, is regularly engaged in the developments of the user experience community and will go the extra mile to ensure client satisfaction. Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Creating the information architecture and interaction design for transactional, informational, and marketing user experiences including intranets, extranets, micro-sites, web applications, mobile applications and business tools
- Leading / participating in the details of project plan including guiding and conducting end-user research, prototype testing, and usability testing
- Conducting stakeholder and one-on-one interviews to identify target audiences' needs, tasks and goals and then translating insights into IA deliverables including wireframes, task flows, sketches, interaction specifications, etc.
- Collaborating with clients and end-users in order to gather business requirements and translate them into effective, user-centered interactive experiences
- Creating and leading client presentations, supporting account management activities and engaging in business development
- Developing and documenting detailed user experience specifications for highly interactive interfaces
- Developing static and interactive prototypes for demonstration and evaluation of concepts to business owners or for testing with end-users
- Contributing knowledge, research, and insight to the user experience community and to the practice at Rightpoint
Bachelor's Degree (Master's Degree preferred) in a related field, such as Human-Computer Interaction, Library Sciences, Cognitive Science, Computer Science, etc.
- 7-10 years experience as an information architect, interaction designer, or user experience professional (or similar role). Experience working in a consulting firm environment is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to produce meaningful and effective IA for complex transactional interfaces, taxonomies and metadata frameworks, and templates for content management systems
- Advanced proficiency in a variety of design prototyping tools including Axure, Omnigraffle, Adobe CS, and/or iRise.
- Experience in client services and negotiating business decisions.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint
- PTO + Paid Holidays
- Casual Dress (when in the office; when at a client site, we need to mirror their dress code)
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Weekly Snacks
- Beer of the month club
- Moving to Plano this summer and new location is near shopping, sports, and dining.
- Great Health Coverage
- Medical – 3 plans to choose from!
- Life/AD&D/Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending (Dependent & Healthcare)
- Transportation/Parking Pre-Tax Benefits
- 401k with Company Matching
- Philanthropy: Chilli Cook off, breakfast fundraisers, etc.
- Open Office Environment
- Weekly team lunches
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
- Monthly team outings (baseball, bowling, top golf, ifly, movies, etc.)