User Experience (UX) Developers are responsible for creating efficient, reusable code to execute strategic user experiences. This role excels as a strong developer, collaborator, customer advocate, and continuous learner. As a key member of the Digital Experience & Design team, they are focused on creating delightful experiences that match user/customer needs with business goals, while reinforcing the Company's brand. UX Developers will work closely with a team of designers, developers, and content strategists, as well as technology and business partners.
Essential Job Functions:
- Executes standards-based interface development of Web sites and Web-based applications.
- Contributes to creation of internal development standards for Web sites and Web-based applications
- Applies object-oriented principles to promote maintainability.
- Delivers efficient experiences across multiple screens/devices.
- Advocates user focus across the organization and communicate the value and principles of user-centered design.
- Closely collaborates with design team members, as well as business and technology partners throughout project lifecycle.
- Iterates on ideas based upon validated learning, critique, and collaboration.
- 3+ years hands-on experience as Web or Front-End Developer, preferably as a member of UX team(s)
- Fluency with HTML (including HTML5) and CSS (including Sass)
- Experience with server-side scripting languages such as PHP, Python, or Ruby
- Experience using APIs and understanding HTTP, REST, and SOAP architecture
- Experience with version control (Subversion, Git)
- Experience with Content Management Systems such as Drupal or Wordpress
- Experience with object-oriented development
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Familiarity with Google Analytics or other tag-based Web analytics solutions
- Adaptability and an enthusiasm for continuous learning
- Places high value on the diverse strengths, backgrounds, and talents others bring to the workforce.
- Bachelor's degree in Web Development, Computer Science, or related field
- Experience with E-commerce sites or applications
- Experience with native mobile application development
- Experience with Email Marketing Systems
- Interest and participation in professional industry groups and conferences
Job no: 495877