Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
- An Experience Designer must be highly motivated, have a proven ability and is experienced creating digital products and services using design thinking and rapid prototyping approaches.
- The successful candidate is expected to lead design activities within innovation projects, working with stakeholders to resolve design challenges and deliver high quality outputs.
- The appropriate candidate will be actively encouraged to seek innovative ideas and fresh thinking from design industry & academia and apply them within the context of Citi.
- The ideal candidate will be an energetic and resourceful team player who can comfortably contribute design knowledge and expertise to assigned tasks, programs, and projects.
Job Background / Context:
- Citi is committed to becoming the world’s leading, global digital bank and to developing new and innovative ways of working to improve the experience our clients have of working with Citi and its products.
- The successful individual must have background in innovation including design thinking, prototyping, etc.
In this role, you will be handling the following (but not limited to) responsibilities:
- Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Facilitate client’s product visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital products
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas
This role provides significant opportunities:
- You will gain significant experience of the technologies and businesses involved across Citi applications, giving you exposure to new and existing methodologies and systems as well as the opportunity to work with multiple teams around the globe.
- Exposure to newly released and upcoming technologies and the ability to positively contribute to the strategies of the business
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- A bachelor’s degree or post-graduate qualifications (Design desirable) or equivalent work experience
- Experience working with innovative and emerging technology
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience
- Experience in applying ‘Design Thinking’ methodologies to digital products and services
- Experience of applied research, experimental development and early design activities to validate/invalidate ideas.
- Creative problem solver comfortable with working in rapidly evolving landscape and projects loaded with uncertainty
- Strong visual design, equally at home applying these to print and screen
- Understanding of User Experience and Interaction Design, designing for systems over time
- Ability to conduct qualitative user research and quantitative (desk) research
- Ability to facilitate diverse groups through a structured design process in workshops or via remote activities
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills
- Promote teamwork and maintain effective communication within and across groups
- Work effectively in cross-organizational situations and be enthusiastic about delivering quality solutions while working with world-class teams, processes and tools
- Demonstrate strong technical understanding and are able to effectively communicate with technical partners
- Excellent organizational, program and project management skills
- Self-motivated with a bias for action
Job ID: 18028573