A highly motivated User and Operations Support Engineer is needed on Raytheon’s EED-2 (EOSDIS Evolution and Development) team which supports NASA in its mission to provide scientists and other users access to data from NASA’s Earth science missions.
As a member of the EED-2 team, support engineers work on innovative tools allowing scientists and students alike to discover, transform, update and improve the quality of earth science data in the pursuit of solving a wide range of environmental and socio-economic issues. Specifically, this opening is for a Support Engineer on EED-2’s Earthdata Search Client (EDSC) team.
The EDSC is an AWS hosted web application which enables discovery and access of ~400M Earth science records from around the world. The EDSC team is an established and high performing agile team working in the Scaled Agile Framework methodology.
- Communication with end-users and responding to end-user requests
- Developing end-user knowledge bases and/or tutorials
- Working alongside the Product Owner to track, report and analyze operational metrics
- Assisting developers in maintaining the availability of the production system during normal business hours
- Deploying and validating production releases
- Supporting developers with the automation of tasks and development of scripts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 3+ years of experience performing operational support duties for a large complex system.
- Proven ability to work with end users and development teams to quickly resolve problems.
- Ability to determine potential impacts of a problem or of a new feature to the production environment and customer mission.
- Ability to clearly articulate system status or issues to management and to end users.
- 1+ years of experienceworking with development teams in an Agile methodology (preferably SCRUM or SAFe).
- Proven ability to prioritize, and execute multiple concurrent project activities.
- Experience with Linux and MacOS.
- Experience with a scriptinglanguage.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, Java or Clojure.
- Support and operations of AWS-based applications.
- Familiarity with the Atlassian tool suite (JIRA for bug tracking, Confluence for collaboration, and preferably Bamboo for continuous integration and delivery).
Job ID: 21353