The Senior Project Manager accomplishes results through the management of professional team(s) and department(s). Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Contributes to standards around which others will operate. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function. Requires basic commercial awareness. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of end results of an area. May have responsibility for planning, budgeting and policy formulation within area of expertise. Involved in short-term planning resource planning. Full management responsibility of a team, which may include management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations and may include budget approval.Key Responsibilities
- Manage data governance and data management related initiatives across the USCB Consumer Bank including regulatory commitments, policy requirements, and business as usual deliverables
- Provide project management support to USCB Data Governance Program Leads and ensure that detailed, tracked, monitored, and measured project plans are in place in support of the timely delivery of USCB Data Governance and Data Management projects
- Ensure that Project Management principles are maintained, delivered and applied across the USCB data governance and data management projects and initiatives in compliance with corporate policy and best-practice standards
- Drive process standardization with consistent measures of progress, quality, benefits across all USCB Data Governance projects
- Ensure rigor in planning with regards and not limited to resourcing, testing, budget, critical path identification and risks
- Improve timeliness in decision making across teams and escalate potential roadblocks, including developing a forward looking view of critical interdependencies and critical risks, identifying mitigation actions and identifying issues to escalate for Senior Management decision making
- Identify and drive resolution of issues, including those outside established programs of work
- Participate in book of work reviews and health checks
- Coordinate as needed PM related regulatory inquiries and provide guidance during internal/external audits
- Lead on-demand project reviews and post-mortems
- Enforce program and project management governance guidelines and follow up on exceptions
- Establish clear escalation paths to raise Program Management concerns to USCB Data Governance Senior Management team as appropriate
- Support planning, directing and coordination of day-to-day activities of running a program or portfolio of programs.
- Ensure creation and signoff of project plan and charter, benefits management plan, stakeholder management plan, acceptance plan, and central program issue log.
- Ensure project plans meet business needs as described in the project initiation documents.
- Ensure all stakeholders are identified and included in scope definition activities.
- Ensure stakeholders understand the project schedule and key milestones.
- Ensure project stakeholders receive schedule status regularly.
- Ensure all areas of the project are appropriately staffed.
- Ensure project commitment from those assigning resources.
- Escalate project risks to the Project Director, or Project Sponsor, when appropriate.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail.
- Provides crisp and current project status updates, highlighting significant movement and/or risk to timelines
- Develops strong partnerships with internal business partners as well as Technology, Operations, Compliance and Internal Audit.
- Champions sense of urgency and create heightened awareness to criticality of project topics and escalation issues with Sr. Management and broader audience. Exhibits strong assertiveness
- Incorporates and implements exceptional follow up strategies in order to effectively manage timely execution against key deliverables
- Enhances department reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Escalates project risks to the Project Director or Project Sponsor, when appropriate
- Builds a comprehensive understanding of key clients, subject matter, and priorities.
- Uses broad knowledge and expertise to clearly define complex issues despite incomplete or ambiguous information.
- Demonstrates diplomacy.
- Provides support on due diligence, planning, and offers creative solutions to help achieve objectives.
- Provides well-reasoned, balanced assessments of issues and questions, in a timely fashion.
- Strong process and project management skills including the ability to manage several large initiatives simultaneously. Detail oriented, analytical.
- Considers broad implications of decisions on different functions and units. Thinks strategically and articulates concepts clearly.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information, prioritize business goals and drive results with a high sense of urgency.
- Exceptional communication and executive reporting and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated experience in project management, managing strategic cross-functional projects
- Strong Power Point Presentation skills
- BA/BS required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in financial services industry
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Project Management
- Proven leadership qualities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven track record of building strong relationships across business functions
- Maturity level and skill/judgment to be able to deal effectively with Senior Managers
- Prior experience managing Data Governance and data related initiatives is a plus
-------------------------------------------------Job Family Group:
Project and Program Management
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the "EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting