Essential Duties and Responsibilities:(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
- Direct, conduct usability testing and work closely with product designers and process engineers developing applications.
- Design and develop user surveys to obtain user feedback.
- Use task experience in each of the usability and software engineering cycle phases (analysis, design, implementation, and deployment), working closely with users (analysts) to research for and document user profiles, analysis tasks, workflows, and user scenarios, in order to create user interface design from specifications provided.
Minimum Qualifications:(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Bachelor's degree in cognitive and/or experimental psychology, human factors engineering, or an engineering related field (e.g. systems engineering, software engineering, business process engineering).
- An advanced degree in these fields is desired.
- 5 years’ experience in related field and must be familiar with task analyses, user interface design, and usability testing.
- Experience working closely with users (analysts) to research for and document user profiles, analysis tasks, workflows, and user scenarios.
- Experience working with users to collect and document user requirements, creating user interface design specifications, working closely with product designers and process engineers developing applications, conducting usability testing, and designing/developing user surveys to obtain user feedback.
- Must have a TS/SCI w FS Poly clearance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with leadership and customer
- Ability to clearly communicate technical risk, challenges, and recommended solutions to leadership and customer
- Ability to work with internal teams of Strategists, Creative Directors and Art Directors to assess, evaluate, price, and schedule projects.
- Excellent ability to multi-task
- Proficiency in User Experience (UX) exercises, card sorts, workflow models
- Ability to create user personas, user journeys, and other user indicator tools
- Knowledge of information architecture, UI/UX, wireframing, design and production
- Excellent research skills