We’re looking for the next innovative urban designer/planner/landscape designer to assist with providing creative solutions for our growing and diverse client base on the Front Range, across the West, and nationwide.
Your vigorous passion for community development and intuition for quality design will allow you to play an integral role on the Development Services team. Your strong interpersonal communication skills will allow you to approach your workload with flexibility and channel your internal drive to achieve results. Success will be defined by your ability to multi-task, feel confident in your professional capabilities, and empower yourself to work collaboratively and with limited direction.
On any given day, you’ll:
- Work on several projects simultaneously while proactively collaborating with other team members.
- Prepare graphics, drawings and renderings in support of project needs to communicate complex concepts to the public, elected officials and other professionals.
- Assist with preparation of boards, worksheets, and other materials for public/client meetings, workshops, charrettes, and project team meetings.
- Create large planning documents with proficiency in layout, consistency, and attractive visual appearance.
- Design and develop design studies and compile completed reports.
- Research and analyze mixed-use, multi-family residential, and commercial development projects.
- Understand and design theory, principles, urban site analysis, and how people experience place in rural and densely urban environments..
- Conduct research, create and modify plans, diagrams, sketches, renderings, maps, drawings and reports as directed by project managers; visually communicate project content and write text for related reports and presentations and other written work deliverables.
- Attend evening meetings and assist with public hearings upon request.
- Develop specifications and construction documents under the direction of project managers.
- Produce 3D renderings and animations on multidisciplinary projects.
- A bachelors or master’s degree in landscape architecture, urban design, planning, or a closely related field.
- 6-10 years of relevant experience.
- A valid driver's licensee and good driving record.
Desired skills and experiences:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of landscape architecture, graphic design, and document production is desirable, and an interest in downtown redevelopment, urban design, and place-making.
- Experience with municipal and urban planning and design.
- Proficient in Autocad, LandF/X, Sketchup, Lumion, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and other graphics programs is strongly preferred; GIS software is a plus.
- Ability to create high quality designs, development strategies, construction documents, and rendered site plans, sections, and perspectives, via hand-sketches and computer graphics.
- Self‐directed, motivated, collaborative, and professional, with ability to manage project deliverables, , and budgets.
- Ability to adapt and learn necessary software and standards to meet project goals and requirements.
- Strong knowledge of horticultural practices, plant material, and planting design.
- The ability to work collaboratively and individually to meet project requirements.