upply Chain Business Analyst / Project Manager
An important element of Crabtree & Evelyn business strategy has been the establishment of an independent global Supply Chain (Harvey Supply Chain Intl) to manage all aspects of the product value chain through to last mile delivery.
Today, the our Supply Chain sources finished goods both from its own manufacturing facility in Woodstock, CT and from Contract Manufacturers, brings them to its owned distribution center in Woodstock, CT and distributes to C&E locations around the globe – Europe, N. America, Asia and Australia.
Tomorrow, Crabtree & Evelyn’s growth from geographic expansion will be disproportionately located in Asia and in particular China. And our ‘City Pod’ model will be the primary organizing unit through which C&E will reach our millennial consumers. It will be a true omni-channel approach, synthesizing E-Commerce, E-Partner and Retail.
The BA/PM role:
The Supply Chain Business Analyst/Project Manager hybrid will be the product owner for supply chain technology at Crabtree & Evelyn and also potentially provide PM support for non-IT related Supply Chain projects . This role has 3 main priorities:
- Partner with the Supply Chain business to understand the challenges and objectives, create options, and define recommendations.
- Prioritize the roadmap and backlog, resulting in a clear, agreed set of short-, mid-, and long-term priorities
- Work with internal teams and internal and external partners to implement fast, cost effective, solutions that achieve the product reception experience.
The Supply Chain BA/PM will be based out of Woodstock, CT, and will embrace our global mindset. This role works closely with other technology stakeholders, such as Platform Leads, BAs, and Architects in EU and APAC. The BA/PM will partner with all Supply Chain disciplines: Inventory Planning, Manufacturing and Distribution, Sourcing, QA, Logistics, Master Data, Cost and Management Accounting. The role also collaborate with functions outside Harvey Supply Chain, such as the Experience, Finance, and Transformation teams.
This person will also be a key leader in the PPMO (Platform and Program Management Office) function, reporting directly into the PPMO Director. An important member of PPMO team, the ideal candidate will understand potential Harvey Supply Chain implications of other work being undertaken by PPMO and will work to ensure best outcomes for Crabtree & Evelyn as a whole.
- Drive key business process requirements gathered from across local and global markets
- Create timetables and task responsible parties to achieve the business objectives
- Support Supply Chain special projects from both project management and business analysis perspectives:
- Design & implement the logistics/IT network to achieve service objectives
- Develop & define inventory management tools, increasing real-time inventory accuracy & on time customer delivery/satisfaction
- Deliver projects on-time & under budget
What we look for in an ideal candidate:
- Strong project management (especially IT based) and business analysis skills
- Deep understanding of supply chain operations, ideally including omni-channel fulfillment
- Excellent communication skills; able to reduce the complex to the simple
- Comfort in partnering at all levels of the organization
- A critical thinker and creative problem solver
- Significant experience with system architectures and inter-dependencies
- Laser focus on accuracy, speed, service and innovation
- 8+ years working with small & large supply chains, ideally in both in-house and consulting roles.
- Skill in designing system processes and developing specifications
- Strong Project Management (both IT and non-IT) skills
- Preference for Six Sigma/Kaizen, or comparable process training
- A scrum advocate, ideally having owned backlogs and worked with agile tools like JIRA.
- Experience & skill in mapping out and communicating processes.