What you will do:
Johnson Controls is looking for a detail-oriented Senior Manufacturing Engineer to evaluate our current operations and determine more efficient production processes. The Senior Manufacturing Engineer's responsibilities include analyzing operations, designing workflows and production processes, reducing inefficiency, and ensuring that final products meet the established quality and safety standards.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer is responsible, under the guidance of the Manufacturing Project Manager, for facilitating capital projects to increase plant capacity, improve product quality, and improve production processes. Through implementation of specific action plans, training and advocacy, the incumbent will help to influence the organization to a new culture. They will demonstrate success through increased plant operational metrics performance. How you will do it:
What we look for:Required
- To be successful as a Senior Manufacturing Engineer you should be able to design systems that maximize productivity, reduce wastefulness and production issues, are cost-efficient, and ensure high product quality.
- Review production schedules, processes, specifications, and related information.
- Design production processes that maximize efficiency and reduce waste.
- Develop and implement process improvements and technological upgrades.
- Design control systems to minimize costs and production issues.
- Prepare material and equipment lists, purchase orders, cost analyses, and estimated production costs to support Capital Authorization Requests.
- Design the layout of facilities and determine personnel requirements.
- Training employees for new processes and providing instructions and manuals.
- Investigates, evaluates, and makes recommendations for new equipment, tooling and processes to improve capacity, reliability, and safety.
- Identifies waste and opportunities for the business to improve in (among others by using Lean principles and methodologies), as well as reporting and celebrating past successes in these areas from a business perspective.
- Lead the cultural change of JCI employees (from firefighting culture to working according to standards), including leadership teams in their Lean competence development by coordinating the necessary training and coaching, and build internal capabilities. Utilize key Toyota Production System cultural methodologies.
- Bachelor's degree in manufacturing engineering, or related field of study
- 3+ years of manufacturing engineering experience
- Advanced knowledge of production machinery, processes, and standards
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Troubleshooting skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Office - Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook
- Cad experience - AutoCAD, Creo
- HVAC manufacturing experience with a focus on heat exchangers
- Project Management - Proven success in creating project schedules and milestones, leading teams, achieving results through others, and being a strong team player
- Innovative thinking - Ability to lead innovative and/or transformative projects and strives for continuous improvements
- Analytical thinking - Exceptional ability to analyze data and utilize it to make sound business decision
- Customer oriented - Demonstrate strong focus on customer service and client satisfaction while maintaining high ethics and professional integrity in all interactions
- Conflict management and resolution skills - Build consensus, anticipate and solve problems
- Results focused - Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks, and at times competing priorities
- Communication skills - Demonstrate effective communication and collaboration skills necessary to lead and manage teams and projects effectively
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view more information about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a candidate, visit EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit here.