The Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division specializes in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV) technologies using small company agility and big company experience. As the Unmanned Systems Engineer 5, you will perform hardware/software requirements definition, decomposition, allocation, management, verification, and validation.
- Perform system specification development, creation and enforcement of interface control documents, system risk management, and system configuration management.
- Development of concepts of employment, uses cases, sequence diagrams, and service contracts.
- Create, maintain and use requirements related documentation and databases for multiple programs.
- Verify all requirements are met using the approved verification method and documenting the verification results.
- Coordinate with customer, subcontractor, and vendor personnel through written and oral communication.
- Other duties as assigned.
- U.S. citizen
- Existing DoD clearance with a current 5-year update; must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SSBI
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field required.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in requirements development, design, implementation, integration and test of aerospace-related technical systems. Includes experience as a lead
- Some experience in a leadership role
- System level design experience in which the applicant has led or been significantly involved in the design and integration of complex hardware/software systems, the definition of multiple interfaces and been involved in the trades of multiple solution options
- Demonstrated expertise in Systems Engineering disciplines and the government program acquisition lifecycle, to include requirements definition, creation of requirements verification test matrices, requirements decomposition, requirements traceability, design reviews and documentation, and integration and testDemonstrated ability to handle multiple programs and responsibilities simultaneously
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to travel 15% and support field testing
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Degree or relevant coursework in Systems Engineering
- Experience with and an understanding of aerospace systems, especially in the development of integrated hardware/software products
- Experience with proposal development including generating basis of estimates
- Experience in unmanned systems
- Experience with requirements management using DOORS
- Familiarity with STANAG 4586, JAUS, OMS, UCI or other common messaging architectures
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and service contracts
- Experience in development of use cases developed from customer objectives and concepts of operations
- Experience with Earned Value Management and Control Account Management
- Excellent people skills, with experience leading and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)