UNIX Systems Analyst
At Sun Life, we work together, share common values and encourage growth and achievement. We offer many career paths that attract a wide variety of talent and skills. Follow a path that lets your talents shine.
About Sun Life
You believe life is about aiming high and making an impact. At Sun Life Financial, we work together, share common values and help each other grow and achieve goals.
With roots tracing back to 1865 in Canada, Sun Life Financial has grown to become an established and trusted name in insurance and financial services, with offices and operations in key markets around the world. We recognize that our growth, success and reputation for excellence are due in large measure to our talented and dedicated employees.
About the Business
Enterprise Services, Working better together.
Our teams are dedicated to providing the services and technology our business partners need to help Clients achieve lifetime financial security and live healthier lives. Through innovation and collaboration, we're striving to continually find new and better ways to bring value to Sun Life. Enterprise Services has employees in Canada, Ireland, the U.S. and Asia. We partner closely with groups and individuals throughout Sun Life Financial to provide products and services that deliver business value.
This position is to be based at the Sun Life office in Waterloo (King) or for a suitable candidate we will consider your working out of the North York (Toronto), office.
The Unix Systems Analyst works with a 24/7 Global team supporting, troubleshooting, monitoring, repairing routine issues and other day-to-day tasks associated with maintaining the stability, availability and reliability of server environments. Implementing routine technical fixes, and assistance in completing complex changes with the guidance of senior technical staff.
- Remediation planning for routine changes and standard validation routine changes.
- Recommending of technical fixes, and remediation planning for changes.
- Work within standardized guidelines for support and assist in the application of corporate IT standards.
- Independent resolution of minor server issues, with clear escalation path for major or complex systems to senior staff for assistance and signoff.
- Assist in change planning and documentation of changes as well as any validation plan creation required. Implementation and execution of approved changes.
- Configure, manage, maintain and continuously improve server, application and system performance, based on senior technical staff recommendations.
- Previous operating systems experience working within Red Hat Linux or Solaris, and AIX Unix server environment
- Strong verbal and written communication, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to successfully work within a results driven team and organization
- Successful complete of a Computer Science degree, Technical Diploma, or equivalent work experience, along with a minimum of 3 years of experience in an infrastructure support role
- Participate in the on-call rotation for production support and after hours implementations as required
- Ability to attain Canadian Government enhanced reliability security clearance
- Completion of certificates in Solaris and/or AIX administration or Red Hat Linux
- Administration experience with Symantec Storage Foundation HA VCS
- Familiarity with IBM x series and/or Oracle hardware
- Experience with Change process, usage monitoring and OS patching
- This position does include on-call support which is required outside the normal working hours on a rotational basis.
- Some additional hours will be required outside of normal schedule for any critical production issues (This is a 24/7-Global Team)