- Provides technical support for Unix Operating Systems (Red Hat, Solaris) and components to ensure readiness, performance, resource availability, and information system security. Serves as a technical resource for systems design, installation, configuration and provisioning. Monitors daily operations, maintenance and remediation of system issues.
- Maintains Unix infrastructure environment, server equipment, firmware, and installs Operating System patches and upgrades on current and new Unix projects.
- Troubleshoots multiple Unix networking services and application protocols (e.g., Transmission Connect Protocol / Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), Domain Name Service (DNS), Network File System (NFS), Lightweight Director Protocol (LDAP), Secure Shell (SSH), Simple Mail Transport Protocol (SMTP), Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), Secure Socket Layer (SSL), and Hyper Text Transport Protocol (HTTP)) to resolve issues with file / information transmission and sharing.
- Responsible for work of considerable difficulty in the setup, design, build, of related components, for UNIX and Linux systems
- Writes scripts when necessary, to enhance monitoring, performance and debugging of complex problems
- Administer and provide system support for NetBackup environment
- Demonstrated ability to balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks and work collaboratively with teams