Summary / Description
We are seeking motivated, career and customer oriented Unix Systems Administrators, interested in joining our team at Hill AFB, Utah, and exploring an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
- Perform Sun Solaris and Unix system administration for a large 24x7 DoD enterprise data center.
- Installing, configuring, tuning and troubleshooting Sun Solaris and other Unix operating systems and applying DoD Information Assurance hardening requirements (aka DoD STIG).
- Effectively evaluate and track multiple operating environments for known and new vulnerabilities.
- Once vulnerabilities are identified, must be able to effectively collaborate with developers and systems administrators to mitigate without detriment to end user capability. This includes the identification, tracking and change management coordination for vulnerabilities across the enterprise. System administrators also assist with plans of action and mitigation (POA&M) for vulnerabilities that cannot be immediately closed.
- U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 8years of related experience or equivalent.
- Must be familiar with all supported versions of the Solaris OS and have advanced hands on keyboard experience with day-to-day system administration
- Demonstrable skills in a multi-platform environment including other versions of Oracle Solaris, Linux, HPUX and Windows operating systems.
High level of the Unix Operating system theoretical expertise and technical experience. Other areas of expertise should include, but are not limited to, system administration, performance tuning, Veritas backup solutions, RAID implementation, FIBER channel storage mediums and knowledge of Storage Area Networks (SAN).
Knowledgeable in all aspects of physical and virtual Solaris operating environments.
Knowledge of DoD information assurance requirements is a plus.
- This position requires work outside of core hours and rotating on callresponsibilities. Some limited travel may be required.
- Well qualified candidates will possess the following specific skills:
- SOLARIS: Expert working knowledge in the following areas of system administration: General system administration, Software management and configuration, Patch management, Security and auditing, Kernel configuration and management, File system management and configuration, Software installation, configuration, and management. Versions All: HPUX and Linux working knowledge.
- COMMUNICATIONS: Advanced working knowledge with the communications interfaces between Sun Solaris servers and the communications infrastructure (firewalls, routers, etc.).
- GENERAL UNIX: Good working knowledge of UNIX systems such as HP-UX, Solaris, Linux, AIX, etc. Versions: Latest.
- Successful candidate will be required to obtain Comptia Security + certification within six months of hire.