Candidates must demonstrate passion for innovation, a sophisticated understanding of technological systems and programming, and the ability to further advance General Dynamics Mission Systems technology.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in a related specialized area or the equivalent experience is required plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience to meet managerial expectations.
Due to the natrure of the work done in our facilities, US Citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS), a market leader and technology innovator, is seeking talented professionals to deliver cutting edge solutions to our customers.
GDMS has an immediate opening for a UNIX System Administrator Supervisor to join our distributed UNIX team. The position provides an opportunity to develop cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation's core defense services and systems. GDMS employees work closely with esteemed clients to develop solutions that allow them to carry out critical national security missions supporting intelligence collection, processing and dissemination. The UNIX System Administrator Supervisor, along with supervising the UNIX team, will work with collaborative teams to ensure GDMS and client technologies are functioning as efficiently as possible. In addition to receiving a competitive salary and generous health and personal benefits, the selected candidate will enhance their skill set by working among a talented and technically accomplished group of colleagues. The employee will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded.
UNIX System Administrator Supervisors will be critical in the success of the team to provide information system solutions and technical support to GDMS and our clients. Responsibilities include supervising the UNIX team, working closely with the UNIX Manager, contributing to the support of personal computer and client server support, systems administration of UNIX based physical or virtual servers, applications support, storage support and system security. In this capacity, adsitional responsibilities will include:
- Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives with goals and the process by which to meet goals
- Works with staff and customer to determine system requirements and ensure timely service delivery
- Seeks out learning opportunities to expand knowledge of IT concepts, processes and procedures, and to improve customer service
- Under general supervision, analyzes information and/or technology needs of the customer and initiates design, planning, implementation or operations processes necessary to fulfill those needs
- Leads a group of team members within a formal work break down element of a larger program
- Leads a group of team members on medium complexity program within the department
- Works with other team members to establish measurements, monitor performance, establish processes and procedures
- Performs risk mitigation
Knowledge skills and abilities required:
- Demonstrates planning and execution skills in support of projects or teams
- Demonstrates a high degree of skills and innovation in resolving business or project related issues
- Demonstrates use of influence skills to meet objective of team or project
- Ability to adjust individual and team activities to changing conditions
- Understanding of team roles and responsibilities
- Proficient ability to develop and analyze schedule and critical path
- Understanding of business environment and how team or project support division/company goals
- Proficient skills in budgeting, planning, problem solving and cost analysis
- Effective communication skills (verbal, written)
- Negotiation skills
- May be required to travel
- Demonstrates ability to make sounf decisions
- Ability to understand financial data