Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Optimizes system operation and resource access and utilization and performs capacity analysis and planning. Ensures production schedules are met. Coordinates the resolution of production-related problems.
- Provides users with computer output and assists users in accessing and using systems.
- Performs Linux/Unix administration, including recognizing and troubleshooting problems, executing detailed Change Request (CR) instructions, complying with change control, scripting and shell programming, and performing operations and maintenance tasks in a production environment.
- Coordinates, guides, and supports engineering staff in troubleshooting PKI-related systems and applications.
- Maintains the health and proper functioning of Linux-based computer systems in a production environment by applying, updating, and developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for Linux administration tasks.
Your Experience and Knowledge:
- Five (5) years of relevant experience in system administration. At least one (1) year of experience in daily activities associated with configuration and operation of computer systems. Experience utilizing Red Hat Satellite.
- Experience maintaining production systems by reading and following documentation.
- Understanding of network communications
- Understanding of Public Key Infrastructure
- Understanding of encryption technology including Hardware Security Modules (HSMs)
- Knowledge of Public Key Infrastructure Certificate System and Directory Services
- Familiar with DoD network security practices and STIG
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5, 6 and 7
Required Education and Certifications
- Required Education: Bachelor's in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics, or Engineering OR an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- A Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certificate may be substituted for one (1) year of Red Hat Satellite experience, and a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) may be substituted for two (2) years of Red Hat Satellite experience. RHCSA and RHCE certifications may be obtained up to 90 days after TO award.
- Required Certifications/Licenses:
- IAT Level II