Unix Scripting / Market Data Distribution Expert
You're an engineer that is fascinated with large and complex systems and how they work. You enjoy finding and fixing problems, as well as identifying and removing performance bottlenecks. You have the technical skills and experiences to work on distribution issues that span microsecond, millisecond and second increments. You build tools that help identify problems and tools that solve them.
If this describes you, we want you to join the Enterprise Latency and Capacity Management team. We build tools to identify latency and capacity problems for our real-time market distribution products. We find problems before they become problems for our customers. The team collaborates closely with networks, systems, middleware, applications and business teams.
We'll trust you to:
- Design and implement tools to measure latency and identify bottlenecks in a global system that includes thousands of servers and routers, pushing huge sets of market data in real-time at gigabits speeds.
- Work with development and support teams to analyze large sets of metrics, and to correlate issues to find root causes, and advise on solutions.
You?ll need to have:
- 5+ years UNIX scriptingexperience (Shell/Perl)
- 3+ years of experience programming in Python, C++, Java or C#
- Strong market data distribution technical and business knowledge
- Strong presentation and client management skills