UNIX / LINUX Admin / Engineer
Job Title: UNIX/LINUX Admin/Engineer
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Location: Princeton, NJ
- Experience with Unix /Linux is a Must
- Experience in Storage, backup, VMWare, active directory is also a must
- Data center experience is good to have but not a must
The Enterprise Systems Engineer’s role is to plan, direct, and coordinate the design, installation, and maintenance of server, backup, storage, and other systems to ensure the stable operation of the organization’s IT assets. This includes developing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, optimizing and documenting all new and existing infrastructure hardware and software.
Develops enterprise system infrastructure by:
- Analyzing system requirements
- Researching available technologies
- Evaluating existing technologies and services, to make recommendations to meet the IT strategic plan
- Understanding a high-availability, high-performance environment and perform work to those standards
- Being accountable for detailed designs based on the committed architecture and standards
Implements enterprise system infrastructure by:
- Installing, configuring and maintaining VMware hosts, Windows and UNIX/Linux servers, Network Appliance NAS/SAN systems, and all other enterprise class hardware and software
- Working with multiple partner resources and project managers to achieve project implementations on time and on budget
- Committing to and meeting project milestones and costs
- Being accountable for the implementation of technology/services architectures and standards.
- Documenting and qualifying all enterprise class system solutions
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role and/or as a systems administrator/engineer required
- Solid OS level knowledge and experience (Windows and Oracle Solaris/Linux Servers).
- Experience in administration of Oracle Sun hardware (CMT and ODA) running Oracle VM and Solaris
- Solid understanding of various software and technologyinfrastructure such as: MSWindows, VMWare vSphere, Citrix, Cisco ASA, Cisco switches, Active Directory and SAN technologies (NetApp and EMC Isilon) required
- Good working knowledge of network switching and routers
- Experienceworking with computer software including Word, Excel and Access preferred
- Experienceworking withclinical trials and/or within pharmaceutical environment preferred
- Working knowledge of the drug development process including knowledge of FDA requirements for technologyInfrastructure and Systems Validation preferred
- Proven problem solving abilities
- Mentoring and/or supervisory skills a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or equivalent professional experiencerequired.