8 - 10 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
We are looking for UNIX Engineer ?for our client in Orlando, FL
Job Title: UNIX Engineer
Job Location: Orlando, FL
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
Knowledge & Skills:
- Advanced functional knowledge of Servers (AIX, Solaris, Linux, HPUX) with prior hands on technical experience/ expertise in at least 1-2 Unix flavors,
- Good knowledge of Information Technology operations, including but not limited to Data Center, Help Desk, Project Management, Application Development, Telecommunications and NetworkEngineering.
- Knowledge of LAN’s, WAN’s, VOIP and telecommunications.
- Functional knowledge of PC’s, Laptops, Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Storage Area Networks/ Network Attached Storage devices.
- Functional knowledge of NETBACKUP, EMC VMAX, IBM XIV
- Good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task on various projects, priorities and customer requests.
- A proven team player, with outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and project management skills.
- Additional knowledge/skills may be required ongoing against customer requirements.
Experience & Education
- Bachelors/Master degree in a technical (IT) discipline required.
- Ten (10) years of experience in Information Technology, including 3 years in Unix Service delivery management.
- Technical certification in any of Unix flavors (Red Hat/IBM/Oracle Solaris/HP)
- Project Management certification a plus.
- ITIL 3.0 certification required.
- Travel :Ability to travel as required.?
- Maintains UNIX Tower offshore shift schedules and insures 24x7x365 coverage as defined by supportschedule
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities of direct reports.
- Ensures that the responsibilities, authorities, and accountability of all direct reports are defined and understood.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Should be able to work collaboratively across Towers/teams