This is a senior-level position on CIT’s Server Engineering (Hosting) Team, which provides 3rd level support of CIT’s Unix/Linux servers. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining CIT’s corporate server environment providing hands-on support and subject matter expertise
• System engineering for Redhat Linux and IBM AIX
• Automation of provisioning and decommissioning servers
• System and Application monitoring
• Implementation of configuration management tools such as Puppet
• Access management principles and automation of associated processes
• Security best practices and system hardening
• Performance management and tuning
• Capacity management and reporting
• Adherence to committed deliverables, and regular communication of progress to management.
• Recommend, develop, and improve policies, procedures and standards relevant to the technology infrastructure.
• Mentor peers and customers on new technologies.
• Closely adhere to CIT’s Service Desk, Change Management, and Security policies and procedures.
• Interface with the Auditors and Information Security to address any CIT Unix server compliance issues.
• Participate in the periodic execution of the business continuance plan, including coordination, after-hours attendance, and documentation updates.
• On-going review of systems design; work with team to constantly improve service offerings, service “up time” and the overall customer experience
• Keep current on technologies being supported.