- Install, configure, monitor and manage Red Hat LINUX.
- Participate in cross-organizational projects, providing technical direction and discerning theappropriate infrastructure solutions.
- Work with project managers to identify task lists and appropriate durations to provide a valid timeline and effort for projects.
- Deploy infrastructure solutions through development, testing and production environments in a timely manner.
- Participate in ongoing maintenance of hardware and systems including patching, hardening, back-up and operating systems upgrades to keep the environment secure.
- Improve performance of existing infrastructure footprint.
- Participate in the disaster recovery solution for the x86 platform providing direction, strategy and formulating a plan that other team members can understand and execute.
- Document the issue, cause and solution for problem tickets.
- Build, install, maintain and perform quarterly patching upgrades of LINUX servers.
- Work with developers and database administration teams to maintain and develop theproduction environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Applications, Engineering (any), or a related field.
- Must have (5) years of experience in the job offered or five (5) years of progressively responsible experience with UNIX Oss, including LINUX Redhat, and AIX Technical.
- Must have five (5) years of experience with production support and system operations functions including release installation and coordination, acceptance testing, disaster recovery planning and testing, and capacity analysis.
- Must have five (5) years of experience with VI or another UNIX editors such as Patching, or Hardening.
- Must have five (5) years of experience with Unix script development.
Must have a Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Applications, Engineering (any), or a related field.