We are looking for Unix Administrator for our client in Atlanta, GA
Job Title: Unix Administrator
Job Location: Atlanta, GA
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- Linux, Unix, CENTOS,
- CHEFF, Puppet,
- Server H/W installation,
- Storage - Hitachi, NetApp, XioTech,
- Storage switch installation - Brocade, Cisco,
- VMware, KVM,
- Datacenter Management
- Need to provide the following Support Services:
- Manage environments and provide L2/L3 support.
- Plan, Implement, Manage and Consult for Infrastructure Services.
Activities to Cover:
- Incident, Task, Change and Problem management through Service Now and Jira.
- Keep the environments up to date & ensure none of the web services are disrupted.
- Build knowledge base as and when necessary.
- Support of Monitoring Apps: Circonus, Zenoss Core, Zabbix stated in terms of
- Modifying alerts to appropriate threshold.
- Adding new alerts as requested.
- Remove deprecated alerts.
Scope of work
- Linux OS Management (Redhat, CentOS, Ubuntu):
- As part of OS management, L2 and L3 level of activities would be supported on the areas mentioned below:
- Administration, Installation, Configuration & Trouble Shooting of Servers including VM’s
- OS start/shutdown/reboot
- OS deployment, configuration, integration & decommissioning
- Service start/stop/restart
- Apply OS patches based OEM releases & internal guidelines
- Applysecurity patches based on CERT alerts & internal security guidelines
- File system and disk space management
- Log rotation, movement & retrieval
- Ensure uptime of all servers & services
- Capacity management
- Virtualization Platform Support
- Red Hat Virtualization / KVM IO 1.0 2.0 administration
- VMware VMs administration
- Aerosol VM provisioning
- Argo / Joyent VM provisioning
- Hardware Installation and Configuration (Remote Access Management)
- Remote Access Management, Installation, Configuration and Troubleshooting of iLO, iDRAC, DELL OME, Serial Console for listed Servers.
- Dell Power Edge Series
- HP ProLiant Series
- Compaq ProLiant Series
- IBM System X Series
- IBM eServer Series
- Sun Microsystem
- Configuration Management and Build Integration (L3 Support)
- Storage and Storage Switch Installation, Configuration, Monitoring (L3 Support)
- NetApp Storage
- Hitachi Storage
- Xiotech Storage
- Cisco Switch
- Brocade Switch
- Need to manage Client Infra Tools as listed.
- Topic Tools
- Ticket Management JIRA
- Service Now
- Alert and Communication Tools Slack
- VMWare Vcenter / Vsphere
- Configuration MGMT Tools CHEF, Puppet, Unity
- Inventory and Reporting Tools-
- FileMaker Pro Inventory
- Analyzer Report
- IDB Argo Report
- Aerosol UtilizationReport
- Version Control Management Tool
- Bit Bucket
- Build/CI Tool
- Monitoring Tools
- HiTrack HDS
- Consoles AWS
- Programming Tools
- Create standard operating procedures on demand basis such as:
- Server commissioning & decommissioning
- Web server deployments & Integration
- OS security updates and patching procedures
- CERT advisory related security updates
- Puppet, Chef architecture & configuration details
- File system management & Housekeeping
- Innovate and Identify Opportunities for Automation
- RCA and Permanent Remediation of Problems
- Implement Continuous Integration
- Implement Continuous Delivery